EBJD Breeding

Bktgifridays

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2012
Western New York
Picked up 2 silver dollars for my dither fish. I've heard they work well. I was hoping to get a couple a bit bigger(I hate watching any fish get beat up) but oh well I guess. The Molly's they had were one gulp size so I decided against them.

Sent from my DROID X2 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Jillfishie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2012
USA
Well now it looks like your set.
Let me know how things go with the dithers.
Hopefully you'll establish the pair w/out the SD's getting killed.

Good Luck
-Jill :)

Bktgifridays

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2012
Western New York
Hmm...I'm not sure what's going on now. My EBJD male seems to be a bit stressed or something. He was hanging out in the corner of the tank with nose toward the ground. I noticed my water was a bit cooler than normal(79)because I had turned the heater down awhile back to try and stop the ebjdxjd pair from spawning again and forgot. Cranked it back up to around 84 and I hope he rights around to his normal self.

Jillfishie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2012
USA
Any Updates?
Just wondering how your EBJD is doing with the Blue Gene & the SD's you picked up.
-Jill :)

Bktgifridays

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2012
Western New York
Well I guess they're alright...acting VERY shy though. EB and BG have both just been hiding in the caves. I don't think they've even noticed the SD's yet! I'm hoping it's just stress from they're big move. I also moved the tank to a more "active" part of my house so maybe that is also a contributing factor? Did some water tests and everything seems fine. pH was a little low I think. Whats they're preferred range? Can't remember. It was just around 7.4 though.

Bktgifridays

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2012
Western New York
Update-

Pretty good news! After adding the SD's and then 4 more BGJD females last Thursday, I'm quite sure EBJD male and the largest BGJD female are already beginning to show signs of bonding! They've been sticking pretty close together and doing some beautiful dancing from time to time. They've began to chase off the other fish when they get too close and feeding time has gotten pretty exciting! Here they are hanging in a cave together.

J0ker

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
New Jersey
This thread is very inciteful!! I myself have a pair of Jacks that I am hoping will breed. and I just bought my first EBJD this weeked!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store