Melbourne Ausralia
thats sick

scorp

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2007
Germany
Hi again,

I don't know if catching an Arowana or Cichla that size is even possible with a towel, but anyway, the guy moving the fish, Michael Böttner from www.raubwelse.de, is leading expeditions to SA and importing fish that size for many years now and is one of the best known and most respected dealers in Germany.

Unfortunately, the page is in German. Nevertheless the pictures are worth a look.

Cheers Thimo

knifegill

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
Oscar Tummy
the guy moving the fish, Michael Böttner from www.raubwelse.de, is leading expeditions to SA and importing fish that size for many years now and is one of the best known and most respected dealers in Germany.
If you saw the head of the adoption agency herding the kids with an electric cattle prod, you'd admire that person? I'm not saying the fish are permanently damaged or that he's a bad guy, but if I ordered a fish from him and he used methods like that to box it for me, I wouldn't want the fish until after it had time to heal up.

polish

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2008
Ne, IN
www.tankterrors.com
LMAO at getting in there and grabbing it with a towel.

I've moved an 18" RTC using the towel method, it took about 20 minutes to tire the fish out enough to grab him/her and even then it was violent getting it out. I don't blame them at all, they had a lot of big fish to move and obviously time was of the essence. A few small cosmetic injuries the fish may have sustained during the short ride in a net is better than chasing each one around the tank for 20 minutes while stressing all the other fish out. Not to mention the first fish would end up in the holding tank for much longer than needed. The fish in this video are all big, a minute in a net isn't going to fatally injure them but trying to catch them by hand may result in the catcher getting injured.

I can not grasp how every time something amazing is posted on this site everyone likes to pick it apart and tell people what they are doing wrong.

:wall:

scorp

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2007
Germany
Lizardking;3147205; said:
Awesome tank. Where in germany is it located?
Hey,

it's in Thüringen (Thuringia in English). Have to confirm what was said before, in particular the Cichlas that size are rather delicate regarding the stress while moving them.

Cheers Thimo

wayne the pain

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2005
Manchester, UK
Simply amazing, i have another fishkeeping god to admire :eek:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store