Extinct Tasmanian tiger could roar back into life after DNA is implanted into a mouse

Arachnar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2007
Boise,Idaho
They became extinct when they were hunted because they attacked sheep.

MustangMan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2008
Pennsylvania
Soooo... they went extinct because humans were killing them because they killed our sheep... Why the hell are they trying to bring them back? You'd think the environmentalist wackos would be all over this because it'd screw up the environment, but its not going to mess up the economy so I'm guessing they decided to leave it alone.

joel

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2005
THE GARDEN STATE
i have done a lot of reading on the Thylacine, its a shame that it's probably extinct. if the scientist succesfully develope one they should name the first "Church".

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
OLD THREAD BUT
BRING THEM BACK!!!!!!!

freshienow

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2008
Missouri
It should definitely be done, if we have the capability to fix things we've done why not?

Pyramid_Party

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2008
Monterey, CA
Tasmanian Tiger looks awesome. But you know, I think its dangerous if they bring back animals. It could have a consequence on the enviroment.

Jeox

" I got monkeys in me! "
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2006
Pyramid_Party;2723261; said:
Tasmanian Tiger looks awesome. But you know, I think its dangerous if they bring back animals. It could have a consequence on the enviroment.
We don't have to release them. :D

Juxtaroberto

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2009
Los Angeles, CA, USA
If they went extinct a recent while ago then obviously bringing them back won't have a negative impact as long as they're released back into their native lands.

That being said, they died out in the first place because of human activity. What's to say it won't happen again?

Now, for those who say they want to bring them back and keep them all in zoos, well, what's the point in that? They have already been taken out of their native lands, to which they will not return, so what's the point of having them in zoos? So we can oggle them constantly? For our own amusement?

Anthropocentricity is what's wrong with us, and that's what we need to change. If we bring them back to rerelease them into their native lands, then great! I'm all for it! But if we're just going to put them in zoos, then there's no point.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store