Fahaka Puffer with Rays?

glovanator

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2010
Ontario, Canada
MBU = maybe, Fahaka = definately not

I used to have a silver arowana with my motoro. Although of the 3 common arowana's they're the most doctile. I hear you should stay away from the jardini's. However there is a good sticky in the arowana forum on the different kinds and their pro's/con's.

grunzilla

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2008
lah lah land.
I wouldn't put a puffer with my rays, that's for certain. I'm no puffer expert, but I'm pretty sure its a bad idea to put puffers with any other fish. I'd say any type of aro is probably ok. In my opinion nothing is more awesome than a bottom full of rays with an aro swimming above em'

grunzilla

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2008
lah lah land.
glovanator;4476864; said:
MBU = maybe, Fahaka = definately not

I used to have a silver arowana with my motoro. Although of the 3 common arowana's they're the most doctile. I hear you should stay away from the jardini's. However there is a good sticky in the arowana forum on the different kinds and their pro's/con's.
I've heard Jardini can be a bad idea as well.

Slacker87

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2009
Hernando, MS
If they can fit it in their mouth they usually do. Well mine won't eat krill but I've heard most do. I've seen people keep mid and upper level dwelling fish with rays but I can't remember what they were.

Noa

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 25, 2010
Michigan
Yeah, Fahakas (and puffers in general) don't mix too well with anything else. I've seen silver aros with rays, and the rays will stick to the bottom while the aros swim around up top.

BlackTribal

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2010
SG
Yep strictly no-no, fahaka are extremely aggressive & may cause sum serious damage to ur ray before getting itself killed by them. I gotta separate them in two diff tanks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store