• Other (please specify)

Votes: 11 26.8%

• Total voters

Specialk314

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2009
Baltimore
I'm thinking about getting a CCW gun and was wondering what caliber you all preferred in a CCW gun. I know I will not actually be concealed carrying it (in MD you'd be dead before you're able to get a CCW permit) but I'm just looking for a CCW gun to add to the collection of guns, and in the case that I move to a state that will actually issue a CCW permit, I'll have a gun to concealed carry.

Please spare all the politics of gun control and debates of CCW.

Chaz88

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2010
Iowa
Depends on how much clothing the weather allows.

In order of preference.

6" .357 shoulder holster.

Full size .45 shoulder holster.

CC size .45

CC size 9mm- This is the one I use the most.

Snub nose .38/.357

Clay

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2005
Chantilly, Va
9mm HK P7 PSP. That is all, thanks for coming. It's not for everyone, but I *love* this gun.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_&_Koch_P7

The classic and yet innovative design of the P7 has made it a cult favorite and because it is no longer made, it has retained it's value. It is especially appreciated for the safe nature for CCW. One in the chamber without accidental discharge possibility is pretty amazing. The firing pin will not engage until after the squeeze cocker is depressed.

Besides, who can argue with a chromed P7 with Nils grips? Not Hans Gruber...

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
What I have now? 9mm but I am strongly considering 10mm because it is an amazing caliber or 7.62x25mm because its an effective caliber and very cheap to shoot. I also have though about s&w 8 shot 357 snubbie but will prob go with one of the first two

Posted on mobile.monsterfishkeepers.com

Specialk314

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2009
Baltimore
Clay;5041501; said:
9mm HK P7 PSP. That is all, thanks for coming. It's not for everyone, but I *love* this gun.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_&_Koch_P7

The classic and yet innovative design of the P7 has made it a cult favorite and because it is no longer made, it has retained it's value. It is especially appreciated for the safe nature for CCW. One in the chamber without accidental discharge possibility is pretty amazing. The firing pin will not engage until after the squeeze cocker is depressed.

Besides, who can argue with a chromed P7 with Nils grips? Not Hans Gruber...
That's a sexy looking gun!:drool:

Specialk314

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2009
Baltimore
Lepisosteus platyrhincus;5041505; said:
What I have now? 9mm but I am strongly considering 10mm because it is an amazing caliber or 7.62x25mm because its an effective caliber and very cheap to shoot. I also have though about s&w 8 shot 357 snubbie but will prob go with one of the first two

Posted on mobile.monsterfishkeepers.com
Yea, I'm really considering a 10mm as well, a little worried about the recoil of the round though just from what I've seen on youtube videos and whatnot. I'd definitely try out a 10mm before making the purchase. Just wondering how strong the recoil would be from a 10mm on a small CCW gun such as the G29 glock.

Polypterus

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
Detroit
7.62x25 is my standard carry in either a TT-33 or CZ-52 (Most often the TT).
I do not play fools games with concerns about over-penetration. I in fact want that if I need it and this round fits all needed criteria. I never pull a gun to play games, I pull a gun to make my adversary dead and I do not fight fair..... Ever.

My back up is either 357 or the rather esoteric 7.62x38.

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
Specialk314;5041548; said:
Yea, I'm really considering a 10mm as well, a little worried about the recoil of the round though just from what I've seen on youtube videos and whatnot. I'd definitely try out a 10mm before making the purchase. Just wondering how strong the recoil would be from a 10mm on a small CCW gun such as the G29 glock.
from my understanding the recoil is about a .45 maybe a bit more. it is very potent. was developed for FBI use. IMHO it is one of the best auto loading cartridges.

Pejelajarto;5041552; said:
7.62x25 is my standard carry in either a TT-33 or CZ-52 (Most often the TT).
I do not play fools games with concerns about over-penetration. I in fact want that if I need it and this round fits all needed criteria. I never pull a gun to play games, I pull a gun to make my adversary dead and I do not fight fair..... Ever.

My back up is either 357 or the rather esoteric 7.62x38.
:headbang2:headbang2 luv the 7.62x25 round. very powerful. has AP potential:headbang2 not that for CC that is really needed but you never know.

7.62x38??:confused: need to read up on that. that has to be potent. edit not as potent as i would have though but still a good round

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store