Votes: 11 26.8%

• Total voters

Chaz88

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2010
Iowa
Pejelajarto;5041641; said:
Depends on how you reload them.. Factory is not impressive and not much more useful than punching holes in paper. (or short range executions) Reloads created with the correct bullet with the correct powder and tweaked just right are a different story.

Unfortunate rut people tend to get themselves into when it comes to firearms is they think they are pigeonholed to factory ammo. This is not true if you are willing to do just a bit more work.

I'm one that will fully put the time and money to make sure that the ammo I use is exactly as I want it and it is what my guns want as well.
I agree that reloading is the best way to get the best round for your gun and application. But just something to think about, reloaded ammunition has been used as a prosecution point in self defense cases. Something along the lines of the person was looking to kill someone because they had tailored the ammunition for that purpose. Yes, that is ridiculous. Not trying to start a debate. Just something to think about.

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
Chaz88;5042507; said:
I agree that reloading is the best way to get the best round for your gun and application. But just something to think about, reloaded ammunition has been used as a prosecution point in self defense cases. Something along the lines of the person was looking to kill someone because they had tailored the ammunition for that purpose. Yes, that is ridiculous. Not trying to start a debate. Just something to think about.
imagine trying to explain 30 hits because your round was so ineffective(5.7x28)

I have also heard of p+ rounds being used against people

Piscine

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 5, 2010
Northwestern Louisiana
Taurus Pt140 Mil-Pro, all day long.

Over 1000 rounds and still no feed or firing failures to speak of, even with the 24/7 mags I now use. It still pops coke cans like it is new.

fwlionfish

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 18, 2011
Texas
This started out as Whats the best ccw. Ballistics really guy? You are not going to need to shoot some one at 200yards, like in the class most times you will use it is at less than ten yards. 1 clip of any ammo is going to put someone down for you to get away safely thats the point of the ccw. So really the best one is the one that is comfortable on your hip and reliable.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Clay you are a man after my own heart.Here is my P7M8 along with Big Thunder for cool/cold weather carry.

021.jpg

022.jpg

023.jpg

014.jpg

hbluehunter

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 20, 2007
Lynnwood, Wa.
Vicious i love that Kimber..:drool:
I haven't carried for awhile now but when i did i loved my Glock 19 & 23 (19=9mm, 23=.40cal)
I just bought a new RIA 1911 GI but don't have a cc holster for it yet.. :(

Vicious_Fish

Here fishy fishy fishy...
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2007
South Central...
Thanks hbluehunter, I really like it and out of my 6-7 handguns I can shoot this one the best (well it's tied with my S&W Model 28 .357 Mag.)

For you soviet enthusiast, check out how much they have M57 Tokarevs going for. I'm really tempted to order one.
http://www.classicarms.us/

jcardona1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2007
South of Heaven
Good thread! I actually have my CCW appointment next month, so it will be time to start thinking about what to carry.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store