Feeding live fish is illegal...

Bottomfeeder

Dovii
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Land of the flea and home of the whopper.
What about animals with a gray area? Some species are streaky when it comes to live feeding. And what about Snakes? Some Snakes never learn to take frozen mice at all, while some within the same species may take frozen mice on the first try without issue.

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
So which one is more brutal death, got swallowed by a large predatory fish or got killed by a large aggressive cichlid?

BuffaloPolypteridae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Buffalo
So fish food comprised of fish meal is ok but you can't feed fish? Mmmkay. Nanny state at its best.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
What do you expect from the country who has the most surveillance equipment publicly in use? I feel like Britain has made a bad name for itself with such actions. Lkike you said Nanny state at its best

Sent from my DROID4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

aclockworkorange

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2010
Rose City
What do you expect from the country who has the most surveillance equipment publicly in use? I feel like Britain has made a bad name for itself with such actions. Lkike you said Nanny state at its best

We aren't a whole lot better off over the pond. But not to this extent

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

wild bill

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2010
three hills,ab. canada
sites.google.com
We should all take this to heart and fight against such stupid laws being created. In Alberta it is supposedly illegal to feed live food of any kind an SPCA officer told us. These regulations are being brought about by animal rights groups. Take this as you will but the truth is that these groups will end our hobby just do some research on these groups.
I know a lot of you will think I am a nut or paranoid but just take a look at zoos in Canada. They are shipping off their elephants in an attempt to appease animal rights groups. The zoo in Calgary has stated they will eventually get rid of all of their animals from warm climates.
The saddest part of animal rights campaigns is that our governments cave to them. So open your eyes everyone and stand and for your rightr to have a pet , operate a farm, hunt, fish and trap. Europe is bringing in many laws similar to the one that started this thread remember North America won't be far behind. Another thing to remember is that many species have been saved from extinction by zoos and hobbyist like ourselves.

BuffaloPolypteridae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Buffalo
We should all take this to heart and fight against such stupid laws being created. In Alberta it is supposedly illegal to feed live food of any kind an SPCA officer told us. These regulations are being brought about by animal rights groups. Take this as you will but the truth is that these groups will end our hobby just do some research on these groups.
I know a lot of you will think I am a nut or paranoid but just take a look at zoos in Canada. They are shipping off their elephants in an attempt to appease animal rights groups. The zoo in Calgary has stated they will eventually get rid of all of their animals from warm climates.
The saddest part of animal rights campaigns is that our governments cave to them. So open your eyes everyone and stand and for your rightr to have a pet , operate a farm, hunt, fish and trap. Europe is bringing in many laws similar to the one that started this thread remember North America won't be far behind. Another thing to remember is that many species have been saved from extinction by zoos and hobbyist like ourselves.
Im sure if they pulled the warm climate animals it was because they couldnt meet their heat requirements, might not be a conspiracy but actually good for the animals. In Buffalo we have a pretty brutal winter, i dont think the elephants or giraffes stay here but get moved somewhere south. Can only imagine what you guys get hit with in alberta, my grandmas from there

wild bill

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2010
three hills,ab. canada
sites.google.com
The elephants were moved to CAZA recommendations due complaints from animal rights groups. CAZA is the Canadian Association of zoos and aquariums they accredit all of the big zoos in Canada. The problem with CAZA and government agencies is they think they can make animal rights groups happy. This works like saying a child is being bad give him a treat and he will be good. Guess what children soon learn if I want a treat I will just act up and get what I want.
The reason I wrote what I did was so we will all wake up and see what is coming. As I mentioned here in Alberta we are not to feed live food to our animals. There are a lot of reptile owners her that would be very upset with this if they only knew. All it would take is the wrong person see them feeding their snake and they could be charged. What really upsets me most is you will get a much harsher punishment for kicking a dog than killing another person. Just recently here In Alberta a woman drowned her 2 boys and did less than 3 years. Most of that time was done waiting for her day in court. She is new out and living in Australia some punishment. Try drowning a cat and see what you get. Please take a hard look at what some of the animal rights groups have gotten pushed into laws in the USA.
I am not trying to be miserable to anyone we all get sucked in by things we see and hear. Just remember to take a step back and look at the whole picture then make a decision.

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
Im sure if they pulled the warm climate animals it was because they couldnt meet their heat requirements, might not be a conspiracy but actually good for the animals. In Buffalo we have a pretty brutal winter, i dont think the elephants or giraffes stay here but get moved somewhere south. Can only imagine what you guys get hit with in alberta, my grandmas from there

I've seen the enclosures where the African animals were kept inside during winter, it's much roomy and cleaner than most livestock that were kept...But then again zebras and ostriches do well in our Minnesotan winters without anything but only shelters. I've kept ostriches before and they were doing fine in cold climates.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store