few things I'd like to know as a beginner at silver arowana keeping?

avzb

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 22, 2015
south africa
I have a silver arowana in a 3foot tank , fine black gravel , a canster filter , 2 x yoyo lotchs , 1 x banjo catfish

My aro is eatting well ,the only problem I'm having is he get alil wierd if yo look at him (like face to face) and even if u move quick,he backs himself to the conner (and wraps himself on the pipe also),swims fast and jumps(also rams himself on the glass) got him over a month ,so any thing I can do to prevent all this I don't wana lose this guy.

Also what tank mates will be good to add ,his around 5-6" now and can I add some plants and driftwood n stuff the pic the look of the tank up?

my%20aro.jpg

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Jordans spot on give your aro time to settle in and get used to its new home , with a bit of interaction from yourself and time you'll soon have it eating out of your hand ;):D

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
IMG_20150613_221523.jpg sticker says it all lol , only kidding mine takes food from my hand gotta be careful though

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
My gf had I made for me as a gift :)

jwh

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2015
south ****holia
A silver aro will get to 3 foot long thus your tank can only be considered as temporary accommodation, and you'll have to upgrade fairly soon. Yes, you can add add driftwood and plants, a few floating plants may give the aro some cover and a sense of security. Leave the top of the water free for swimming. Loaches, catfish are all good tank mates, if they can fit in the aro's mouth they may become snacks. Silvers grow fast, 2 - 4cm per month, so potential tank mates will have to keep up with that growth rate.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store