Filtration

yogurt_21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2009
AZ, USA
Mysticshadows3;4343087; said:
Or is this better????? Or does it not matter if the live rock is with the skimmer in the same chamber??

Should the teeth go on bother sides??
I like this one as it sections things off better

Mysticshadows3

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2008
Lansing, Michigan
www.myspace.com
I was wondering:
-how much live rock you put in a sump
- if I should have a separate chamber for my live rock and protein skimmer like in the image below
- if I need an separate intake chamber in the far right corner in the back (Or could/should I just put in the live rock around the skimmer?)
- Also, I wasn't sure if it mattered how large or deep the return pump chamber needed to be? I read: "The return section needs to be big if possible. This section varies due to evaporation, so the more water volume it holds, the longer you can be away from your tank and still have enough water to avoid burning up the return pump. It should be large enough to run for two or three days unattended." But I don't want to take away from space in the refugium - how big is necessary? I guess I don't understand.
- And if I had to have teeth on top of both sides of the refugium....

Sump #2.png

yogurt_21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2009
AZ, USA
Mysticshadows3;4346810; said:
I was wondering:
-how much live rock you put in a sump as much as you can fit. lol
- if I should have a separate chamber for my live rock and protein skimmer like in the image below yes seperate them as in the pic
- if I need an separate intake chamber in the far right corner in the back (Or could/should I just put in the live rock around the skimmer?) intake onto the live rock, seperate the live rock from the skimmer
- Also, I wasn't sure if it mattered how large or deep the return pump chamber needed to be? I read: "The return section needs to be big if possible. This section varies due to evaporation, so the more water volume it holds, the longer you can be away from your tank and still have enough water to avoid burning up the return pump. It should be large enough to run for two or three days unattended." But I don't want to take away from space in the refugium - how big is necessary? I guess I don't understand. The return area needs to be deep and you need to make sure that the bubble reducer areas don't restict flow to where the pump can outpace them, this is why the teeth are a good idea.
- And if I had to have teeth on top of both sides of the refugium....
in red above

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store