Final Tank Setup

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
Hey y'all! I'm inches away from the stocking I've been looking for, and today I got the final (for real, I'm done with buying more stock, I know I keep saying that, but I'm seriously done) fish for the tank. Here are the newbies to the group:

Skipper the Blue Phantom Pleco:
Skipper the BPP.jpg
New Dwarf Gourami (haven't named her/him yet):
NDG.jpg
Moonlight Gourami (I have a few name options, but don't know which one to choose. Also, I've had this guy for a couple of weeks, just haven't posted about him yet until now):
Moonlight Gourami.jpg

This is the current stocking: 2 Discus, 1 Geophagus Redhead Tapajos, 2 Dwarf Acaras, 2 Striped Raphael Catfish, 2 Dwarf Gouramis, 1 Moonlight Gourami, and 1 Blue Phantom Pleco. In total, 11 fish. There will be one more fish in this stocking, which is a grow out; I will talk about that in a different thread. ;)

I plan to redo the decor of the main tank, which I know I've said I will do, but I seriously intend to do it. I will start that process over the next few months. My goal is that by the next school year, I will have both tanks set up completely and how I want them.

Yes, I spilled the beans about the other tank: I have finally gotten rid of the discus in the 10-gallon tank, therefore leaving room to be my current growout's tank. I will post about that in my shrimp tank thread and make that the official thread for the 10 gallon.

Stay tuned for more content over the next few weeks and months!

P.S. If y'all have some names ideas for my unnamed fish, that would be super helpful! I need names for the two new gouramis and my geo.

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Hey y'all! I'm inches away from the stocking I've been looking for, and today I got the final (for real, I'm done with buying more stock, I know I keep saying that, but I'm seriously done) fish for the tank...I plan to redo the decor of the main tank, which I know I've said I will do, but I seriously intend to do it...Stay tuned for more content over the next few weeks and months!
Ya know...there's something almost eerily familiar about this thread. Hard to put my finger on it, but it just seems like something from the dim shadowy past...

Hey, esoxlucius esoxlucius ! You'll probably be able to tweak my memory here. I should be able to remember it myself, but for some reason the memory is somehow masked from view. Help a buddy out? 🤔

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
Ya know...there's something almost eerily familiar about this thread. Hard to put my finger on it, but it just seems like something from the dim shadowy past...

Hey, esoxlucius esoxlucius ! You'll probably be able to tweak my memory here. I should be able to remember it myself, but for some reason the memory is somehow masked from view. Help a buddy out? 🤔
You mean The Masked Shadow The Masked Shadow

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)

who could he mean??

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
An Update:

Yesterday I did a tank cleaning so I decided I would take some pictures. The fish have been doing well. The main thing I wanted to update about was the tank decor; I took out all the live plants. Why? Well, they weren't doing well, they were just algae manufacturers at this point, and they were ugly, sooo I replaced the real plants with fake.

I believe I've said before that I highly dislike the look of plastic plants, which I still do, but I need them right now since my decor is sparse and my fish like hiding places. Once I get the money to update the tank decor, I thoroughly intend to put in real, actual, aquatic plants in the tank (no more pothos and the like). I also intend to get some new stones—not sure what kind yet, but probably something tan/brown like the 10 gallon's stones. Maybe Maple Leaf Stone again and keep the decor in both tanks cohesive? Let me know down below (why the heck do I sound like a youtuber...*sigh*...anyways).

Here are those pictures:

Entire Tank 2.0 .jpg
Blue Phantom Pleco .jpg
Discus Pair.jpg

Also, one last question, how do I heal messed up fins? Y'all will probably notice that the BPP has torn up fins (he was in a tank with African cichlids), should I just leave him alone or try to fix em with meds? He is not the only fish in the tank with messed up fins (my original dwarf gourami, Gardener, has messed up fins as well.)

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
An Update:

Yesterday I did a tank cleaning so I decided I would take some pictures. The fish have been doing well. The main thing I wanted to update about was the tank decor; I took out all the live plants. Why? Well, they weren't doing well, they were just algae manufacturers at this point, and they were ugly, sooo I replaced the real plants with fake.

I believe I've said before that I highly dislike the look of plastic plants, which I still do, but I need them right now since my decor is sparse and my fish like hiding places. Once I get the money to update the tank decor, I thoroughly intend to put in real, actual, aquatic plants in the tank (no more pothos and the like). I also intend to get some new stones—not sure what kind yet, but probably something tan/brown like the 10 gallon's stones. Maybe Maple Leaf Stone again and keep the decor in both tanks cohesive? Let me know down below (why the heck do I sound like a youtuber...*sigh*...anyways).

Here are those pictures:

View attachment 1540050
View attachment 1540051
View attachment 1540052

Also, one last question, how do I heal messed up fins? Y'all will probably notice that the BPP has torn up fins (he was in a tank with African cichlids), should I just leave him alone or try to fix em with meds? He is not the only fish in the tank with messed up fins (my original dwarf gourami, Gardener, has messed up fins as well.)
If done right, plastic plants can look really good in my opinion

IMG_3199.jpeg

IMG_3198.png

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store