Finally - Ultima 10,000 Setup

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
Have you thought about centrifigal force of the..............just kidding. Waiting to see it run.

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
If you don't put a union on the return you won't be able to remove the multi-valve. The waste outlet will remain dry provided you not depress the handle. When you first start it up you may have to bleed the air out of the chamber by depressing the handle. Be prepared to catch water out of the waste port. No check valves? How do you plan to prime the pump or is it a flooded suction?
Union check
Valves check
Prime the pump ???:popcorn:

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
How do I prime it? Someone on here said since its below the tank, I doesnt need to and you said it does, so how do I go about doing that?
Is it primed right now? This means, is there water in the pump? If not, when you plug it in nothing will happen. Yes, it is below water level but initially you have to prime it to get all the air out. Do you have a way of putting water in the pipe?

JasonsPlecosCichlids

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2010
Kentucky
jasonsplecoscichlids.com
As of right now, I have no way of putting water in the pipe, that Im aware of anyway unless there is a trick to it. System is completely dry. I'm not going to start it till tomorrow when I have more time, its to late now fighting possible leaks. I want to have plenty of time to fix it should there be any.

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
You have three pipes to prime from:
1) Suction line-mid way below water (not a good choice)
2) Return line
3) Waste line

You can do a hand job with a towel and garden hose in the pipe or buy fittings to adapt a garden hose to 2" pipe. You don't have to glue. Once primed you can remove. If you use the waste line you must turn the handle to rinse or waste.

JasonsPlecosCichlids

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2010
Kentucky
jasonsplecoscichlids.com
I do have spa hose connected to a union on the backwash, I did this so I could connect it when I need it and just use the ball valve to cut off any water in the line when done. I remember doing this with an overflow box, I put a tube in the oline is sucked on it till water started to flow over, same concept? So I'm going to have to suck on the spa hose till water starts to flow correct?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store