First day of "fishing" in Florida

Bazinga

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2010
toronto
Jmart159;4083976; said:
Looks like an awesome time fishing. I wish I caught more fish like those. What is the fish in the very last photo?
green terror

Nemesis

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 7, 2009
nyc
What part of FL are you fishing? Those Dovii look great.

Modest_Man

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 5, 2006
Washington
Bazinga;4083986; said:
green terror
No, it's a G. brasiliensis.

You're keeping all the dovii? And trying to sell them? What happens when they don't all sell or acclimate well to a tank or ship well? Back into the canal or euthanized or what?

I tried my hand at catching and selling feral green terrors in Hawaii and the large older fish never acclimated well; I had trouble getting them to eat and not spook and kill themselves in tanks. Shipping was out of the question and I quickly gave it up. Small fry on the other hand...acclimate readily and ship like a breeze.

What's the size on the largest dovii? Those in the photo look like what, 14-15"?

Makes me wish I was back in Hawaii where you never knew what you were going to pull in...

fishticuffs

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2010
colorado
HOW HARD DOES A GT OR DOVII FIGHT?

Modest_Man

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 5, 2006
Washington
Pound for pound (or ounce for ounce) the gt's, red devils, jags, convicts and pbass I caught fought just as hard if not harder than largemouth bass. Oscars not so much.

Ctrl_Alt_Dlt

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2008
MN
how many texas type cichlids did you all catch? The dovii looks crazy along with that brasiliensis.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store