First day of "fishing" in Florida

jgentry

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2008
Gallatin, TN
Awesome pics. Keep them coming!!!

I love how labiatus and Cits look straight out of a pond. They are always so much brighter looking!!!

Jason_S

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2005
Indianapolis, IN USA
dovii are awesome, but so is the devil and brasiliensis...that carpintis is a stunner too. :)

BigPic

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2007
Winnipeg, Canada
Thanks for all the kind words everyone!

Ctrl_Alt_Dlt;4084519; said:
how many texas type cichlids did you all catch? The dovii looks crazy along with that brasiliensis.
Only two of the Texas

fishticuffs;4084058; said:
HOW HARD DOES A GT OR DOVII FIGHT?
Really good fight, Pacu was better!

Modest_Man;4084043; said:
No, it's a G. brasiliensis.

You're keeping all the dovii? And trying to sell them? What happens when they don't all sell or acclimate well to a tank or ship well? Back into the canal or euthanized or what?

I tried my hand at catching and selling feral green terrors in Hawaii and the large older fish never acclimated well; I had trouble getting them to eat and not spook and kill themselves in tanks. Shipping was out of the question and I quickly gave it up. Small fry on the other hand...acclimate readily and ship like a breeze.

What's the size on the largest dovii? Those in the photo look like what, 14-15"?

Makes me wish I was back in Hawaii where you never knew what you were going to pull in...
Not keeping all of them. . . Today we got Hartwegi, Zonatum, Bifas, Grammodes and Syns. . . pics to come later.

We are in south florida :naughty:

NorCaliCichlids

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 12, 2008
California
"Not keeping all of them. . . Today we got Hartwegi, Zonatum, Bifas, Grammodes and Syns. . . pics to come later.

We are in south florida :naughty: "

Holy crap, you can catch all those types in Florida now? I dont know if I should be happy or worried about the natives!

guapote's gape

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2009
canada
just a heads up: none of these fish were caught in the 'wild'. We've easily caught over 300 dovii in the past two days. Ranging in size from 6" to many monsters pushing over 2 feet. an absolute massive zonatum male as well as lots of stunning others. we took about 500 pictures today so lots more to show when we get a moment.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store