First silver arowana

sabmakj21

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2014
Hawaii
Tank is now ready, I called him back and now can pick him up early tomorrow morning ... What is the best brand / type of pellet for this guy ? At least with Africans you get what you pay for when it comes to food so I assume it is the same with these guys

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
I've always fed Hikari Food Sticks and supplemented with market shrimp/prawns or other fish fillet. Hikari is relatively cheap so keeping your aro fed won't break your wallet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Acpape0

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2014
Elkridge maryland
Ok so the move went good this morning. I used one of those large round plastic containers that everyone uses for drink coolers and toy boxes. He rode shot gin all the way home so I could watch for jumping. Got him and used the drip method for acclimation. I figured with as stressed as this fish was before the move he would just drop down to the bottom for a while , but that was not the case. He happily swam around exploring his new home. Amazing what clean warm water will do! As everyone with young children knows all fish get a name ... So may I formally introduce MOBY
The prepImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1405777978.318408.jpg
The ride
ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1405778002.346059.jpg
The drip acclimation
ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1405778029.768836.jpg

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
Very nice.

Acpape0

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2014
Elkridge maryland
A small victory tonight... I had read that These fish are notorious for starving themselves when stressed or moved. He did eat some krill !!! Ignored the pellets but I was expecting that as he had never seen them before. I plan on getting him on the pellets as a primary diet, he will get hungry enough to eat them eventually. I think I will offer them at every meal for a week. I will continue to offer krill at every meal for the first week just to help him get acclimated in the tank and get settled in before I force the pellets,
He is doing better than I thought he would...
I went out today and picked up a nice variety for him to eat :
Hikari carnivore sticks
Frozen blood worm cubes
Frozen whole krill
Live crickets ( had to buy a cricket keeper)
Freeze dried krill ( this is all he was eating)
I also already had some brine shrimp cubes in the freezer

noelsfishland

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2013
In My Aquarium
I have found out live crickets can be a pain in the ass especially if a few get out and start chirping all night,make sure that you do not putt to many at one time if they crawl out of your tank it can be really hard to find them.I use to bye a box of 1000 and freeze them,the only down size of it was that the legs tend to fall off and float around the top of tank,so I would break them of and had no problems.You will save a ton of money purchasing them in bulk.just put them in zip lock bag after frozen.

wgmyyk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2014
singapore
Amazing sharing, and really appreciate your efforts in providing the best available condition for Moby.
Any your drip method of acclimation really does helps, adjusting generally on the temperature, pH and to avoid stressing out the fish during transportation.
That probably explain the fast recovery. Hope to see more updates!! Thumbs up from Singapore.

Death03

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2014
Philippines
i'm sure your aro is happy in the new tank you set up for him :cheers:

as for the food you can add Hikari aro sticks or sinking carnivore in his diet :)

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
As long as current isnt overwehlming it is fine

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store