First step toward my dream build

bluehand

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2010
Yorktown Indiana
I am so very excited! I have looked for glass of this caliber at a close to reasonable for year to build my monster aquarium!! 8' long 4' tall and 1 1/4 inch thick!
I have been designing this tank in my head for nearly a decade and now it can finally start to materialize. The tank will be 10 feet wide, 8 feet deep, and 6 feet tall. 3 sides will be concrete block reinforced with rebar and grouted solid with concrete as I am by trade a bricklayer. This piece of glass has been all that has been keeping the build from starting so bang we are off!!! Many questions and updates to follow within the next few months!!!
SOOOO EXCITED!!!!

IMG_20240303_181500831.jpg

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I am so very excited! I have looked for glass of this caliber at a close to reasonable for year to build my monster aquarium!! 8' long 4' tall and 1 1/4 inch thick!
I have been designing this tank in my head for nearly a decade and now it can finally start to materialize. The tank will be 10 feet wide, 8 feet deep, and 6 feet tall. 3 sides will be concrete block reinforced with rebar and grouted solid with concrete as I am by trade a bricklayer. This piece of glass has been all that has been keeping the build from starting so bang we are off!!! Many questions and updates to follow within the next few months!!!
SOOOO EXCITED!!!!

View attachment 1536913
:popcorn:

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

Sassafras

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2009
SE USA
SOOOO EXCITED!!!!

View attachment 1536913
Hey, I'm excited for you just hearing about your plans! Is that glass window laminated? Can't see the edge too well, but looks like about four sheets of glass together.

Parka

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2021
Gwinnett County, Ga.
I stumbled across by accident
That's always a plus to working in the trades, especially in rehab old work, so often so many used building materials can be had for free or very cheap by the boots doing the work. Good Find!

Where do you plan to put it? It sounds like it would hold up well as a free standing building outdoors, .

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

bluehand

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2010
Yorktown Indiana
That's always a plus to working in the trades, especially in rehab old work, so often so many used building materials can be had for free or very cheap by the boots doing the work. Good Find!

Where do you plan to put it? It sounds like it would hold up well as a free standing building outdoors, .
It will be in the wall of my living room and taking up part of my entryway

IMG_20240304_055122329.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store