First step toward my dream build

bluehand

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2010
Yorktown Indiana
That's always a plus to working in the trades, especially in rehab old work, so often so many used building materials can be had for free or very cheap by the boots doing the work. Good Find!

Where do you plan to put it? It sounds like it would hold up well as a free standing building outdoors, .
Absolutely! I have already stockpiled all the block, mortar, and rebar from different jobs that was no cost to me at all.

Reactions: Parka

bluehand

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2010
Yorktown Indiana
Had a bit of restructure in my plans. Where the tank will be built i have vaulted ceilings roughly 20' high. I have decided to take one side of the tank up an additional 6 to 8 feet to incorporate a rock wall with and a waterfall. With that decision my question is does anyone have suggestions for the return pump (s) ? The return from the sump will have to be lifted 12-14 feet to feed the waterfall back to the tank.

bluehand

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2010
Yorktown Indiana
Found a water rebirth that is 14000gph but runs 1100w . Wondering first if 1 would be enough and secondly, how much they would cost to operate. Anyone familiar with these pumps?

bluehand

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2010
Yorktown Indiana
Found a water rebirth that is 14000gph but runs 1100w . Wondering first if 1 would be enough and secondly, how much they would cost to operate. Anyone familiar with these pumps?
They run almost $500 a piece but being as the pump (s) will likely be my largest cost for this build other than the pond armor $500 is completely acceptable to me

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
They run almost $500 a piece but being as the pump (s) will likely be my largest cost for this build other than the pond armor $500 is completely acceptable to me
Since your up at those volumes of water to love up to a waterfall i would rather go with three smaller pumps then to rely on just one pump, by doing so you also get the wattage down, i have some jebao dcq10000 for example wich has 6m or 19ft of head height.

Reactions: bluehand

bluehand

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2010
Yorktown Indiana
Since your up at those volumes of water to love up to a waterfall i would rather go with three smaller pumps then to rely on just one pump, by doing so you also get the wattage down, i have some jebao dcq10000 for example wich has 6m or 19ft of head height.
Wow, that definitely sounds like a better option. I can get 4 of those for close to the same price and have 1 for backup. Thank you for the suggestion.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store