Fish are here 8/30, pay up or they'll be gone!

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
The tetraroge niger, they only caught 5 of them, I sold 2 of them, and will keep the other 3. I think one is a pregnant female, and the small male is bonded to her, they stay in the same cave. They are all different colored, and seem to change color and camouflage at will.
They attempted to eat some cut silver sides. They don't move at al, they sway from side to side and stick their fins out when threatened. Their eyes are ruby iridescent colored, like a deep water stonefish, probably used for low light hunting. I'm keeping them in a 20 gallon with several filters and strong filtration, with just half a cup of marine mix in their tank. They were caught over a mile up stream in a small river, and suppose to be pure freshwater, but I know they can also take some salt. Do not ask me how long they can live in pure freshwater for and don't ask me if they'll need salt water later on in life, I don't believe in that at all. Some fish migrate to the ocean, and some to freshwater for spawning or feeding, and some freely back and forth, its not an absolute thing.
If I can generate enough interest in these fish, I'll ask the fisherman to catch me more before the season end. These fisherman will not go fishing once the weather turns cool, they "retire" for the winter.
honestly probably better this way. Will let you play with them first ;)

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
Wes, sent you an e-mail.

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
Thanks Wes.
They all acclimated fine. I will post pics as soon as they settle in. Very active bunch.

IMG_0013.JPG

IMG_0013.JPG

robnin2002

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 17, 2010
la mirada,ca
The tetraroge niger, they only caught 5 of them, I sold 2 of them, and will keep the other 3. I think one is a pregnant female, and the small male is bonded to her, they stay in the same cave. They are all different colored, and seem to change color and camouflage at will.
They attempted to eat some cut silver sides. They don't move at al, they sway from side to side and stick their fins out when threatened. Their eyes are ruby iridescent colored, like a deep water stonefish, probably used for low light hunting. I'm keeping them in a 20 gallon with several filters and strong filtration, with just half a cup of marine mix in their tank. They were caught over a mile up stream in a small river, and suppose to be pure freshwater, but I know they can also take some salt. Do not ask me how long they can live in pure freshwater for and don't ask me if they'll need salt water later on in life, I don't believe in that at all. Some fish migrate to the ocean, and some to freshwater for spawning or feeding, and some freely back and forth, its not an absolute thing.
If I can generate enough interest in these fish, I'll ask the fisherman to catch me more before the season end. These fisherman will not go fishing once the weather turns cool, they "retire" for the winter.
Any progress with that "possible" pregnant female tetraroge niger. idk if u started another link on it somewhere else so i figured this would be the best place to start. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Two days in and my clouded archer is plucking sinking pellets from the bottom now.

fwprawn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2011
New England
Wes always has the best stuff! I already have 2 albino wels from him, otherwise I'd get more :) (They fight, so I can't.) Who got them from this batch ? Let's see 'em!

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Yeah,got one of them too...it stuffed itself on cut up shrimp damn near right out of the bag.My complaint about it is it does not sit still long enough for me to snap a few shots to show you guys lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store