Fish Documentaries

TMDragon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2008
California
cdienzo;2085874; said:
Here are some RS links for:

BBC The Blue Planet (8 DVDs + 2 DVD "extras")
BBC Deep Blue
Monster Quest: Giant Fish

Like I said, they're rapidshare links, so it'll be SLOOOOW (DL 1 file then wait an hour, etc.) unless you have an account- sorry.

Copy & paste into address bar- this is a text file with all the links.
Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/137921993/aquatic_videos.txt.html
Enjoy!

-cd
Good thing my best friend has a rapidshare account and I get access to it. :D Thanks for the links!

Btw, I missed this documentary from National Geographic a few months ago called Monster Fish of the Amazon. Anyone have links for this? I've been dieing to see it because I heard there's some great Arapaima and Arowana footage in there.
Here's a short preview I found on the NG website: http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/videos/player.html?title=05169_00

So if anyone has links for this Documentary, please share! :)

cdienzo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2008
Long Beach, CA
Looks like NatGeo is airing Monster Fish of the Amazon & Snake-zilla on Mon. Aug. 25th starting at 8pm (probably EST). :thumbsup:

TMDragon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2008
California
LOL...I almost missed it again, phew, thanks for the heads up! I posted that link after its first airing in a different thread and just copied and pasted from it, didn't bother to look at it again. I didn't realize they added a new air date on it, lol! Thanks again, gotta set my TiVo now :)

red_wall

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 27, 2008
The Peach State
Aggghhhh, can anyone fill me in on torrents?

I honestly dont get them.

PM/Post here for anyone else who doesn't understand?

I really want to watch these documentarys :]

andyjs

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2008
Ohio
I saw that Amazon Abyss one a while back and loved it, then I forgot what it was called. Thanks for posting this. I need to see if I can get a DVD copy of it somewhere

V1xIII

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2008
MO
red_wall;2099874; said:
Aggghhhh, can anyone fill me in on torrents?

I honestly dont get them.

PM/Post here for anyone else who doesn't understand?

I really want to watch these documentarys :]
Download a torrent program such as utorrent www.utorrent.com , then download the torrent file from the torrent site which was linked. Then you just double click the torrent file and it will open it in utorrent. Click OK and it will start downloading.

Of course there are configuration options, most importantly make sure you open a port in your router/firewall for it. You can choose the port number in the options of utorrent. This is necessary for things to work at full speed, but will work without it for the most part if you don't want to screw with it.

Second most important is the global upload speed, make sure the program isn't uploading so fast that it chokes your download speed.

Then of course make sure to set your download path so you know where it will end up when it's done.

Follow these instructions and you should be good to go.

LowIsuzu

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2008
Canberra, Australia
andyjs;2099935; said:
I saw that Amazon Abyss one a while back and loved it, then I forgot what it was called. Thanks for posting this. I need to see if I can get a DVD copy of it somewhere
yeah i came across this by chance. watched it and loved it too.
i couldnt believe how they just scoop a net through a small stream and found a new species of fish, the blood sucker. i wish i could go down my local stream n find new animal species. i could be famous, and have a fish named after me! hrmm, which brings me to another topic for a thread..... :idea:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store