fish friends

Drstrangelove

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Francisco
My niece keeps a Midas. (She has one daughter that owns a horse and several others that have raised turtles for years.) Other than that, I don't know anyone face to face with fish. I think we're going to start a big fish tank frenzy in a while though so we'll see.

wild bill

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2010
three hills,ab. canada
sites.google.com
I actually have a lot of fish friends. My wife and I have been lucky enough to meet a lot of super people we now consider friends.
I can't forget all the great people on MFK as well the fish world is a great place to be.

rmkblades

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2013
America
I consider my fish to be friends. And who better to have as a fish buddies than ACTUAL FISH ;)
In all seriousness though, I find local fish enthusiasts few and far between. I know they are out there, but I guess I haven't made the effort...except for the random conversation with someone else at the LFS browsing for fish.
I do get my fix for fish friendly convo here on MFK...and have met a couple of the members local to me (fish buy/sell related) and they all have been great.
So to everyone one on MFK, WAZZUP HOMIES!

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
:thumbup::)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

chopsteeks

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2013
Denver
I say hi hello good-bye to folks in the clubs. Last time I said more than this, I got calls from several folks o help transport a tank. Finally had to say no as the last person insisted his 210 glass tank bargain gem he found on CL can somehow fit the narrow hallway leading to his basement. Adios!!

MyGiants

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2010
North American Region
stores.ebay.com
When I was into saltwater I had a Reef buddy. We go around to fish stores almost every weekend looking for cool fish and coral. We even planned at one time to go into business together and open a small Reef store. But that never happen other things more important happen in our lives. But since I been back to Fresh I don't have anyone locally I share the hobby with. I met a couple people here through the For Sale forum. We traded fish bought fish from each other. My wife every so often would tell her friends at work that i'm really into fish. And they asked her to asked me if I would go help setup a fish tank for them. I say no I don't do that I don't want to mess with beginners not knowing anything. I tell her if they want to get into fish go to the fish store they will help them get setup.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
I have a fish buddy, in town, whose 80 years old. Really good guy and all, but with a nearly 40 year gap between us, we don't have reallly anything in common besides fish. Other fish keepers that I know, that are into fish, and around my age, I don't really care to be friends with since I find them to be lifes' "losers"....sadly. So, MFK is where I often hang out and "mingle" with those with a passion for fish keeping. I'm actually fine with that since life is way too busy for me to have more friends anyway

tanyaelec11

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2012
canada
I have one friend that has common goldfish in a 125. .. I'm working on him to put a jag or even a paratilapia in there ! But he's had those goldfish for 6 years now. Other than that no one around here that I know of appreciates the aggressive beauties at I have. My friends pretty much think I've gone off the deep end ! Every LFS either have the common cichlids such as Dempsey's and severums. Maybe the odd midevil. Guppies , smaller fish and two stores specialize in salt water fish. The local community fish club is more into aquatic plants and the smaller fish.

Sent from my Z933 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
Im surprised no one said that everyone here on MFK can be considered your "Fish friends"

Sent from my SCH-R830C using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
I don't consider anyone over the internet are my friends if i don't actually know them IRL :D I'm using the internet to expanding my knowledge, learning other mistakes by read their "rage" posts in forums...etc LOL :D I do respect everyone on the internet but still...they are not my friends :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store