Fish ideas?

otmmy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2013
Alberta,Canada
Just curious what part of canada u from?But if u wanted to u could do pike,perch,goldeneye,differnt types or suckers madtoms or something like that.Personaly I would think that would be boring cause u could just goto a lake and see them.Or maybe u could do a trout pond.There is a couple about an hour out of where I live who have a trout pond and they have no problem with any of them in the winter.

MyGiants

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2010
North American Region
stores.ebay.com
that is a dumb accusation... it could simply mean they dont have a camera and also not everybody is technologically advanced enough to know how to upload and post pics.... dont beat people down because they may not have the means to satisfy your visual enjoyment
How is it a dumb accusation?
I still don't see a 10,000 gallon tank. He post a picture of a below ground pond. I suppose Canadians call a pond a fish tank over there I call a pond a pond over here.

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
do a pair of giant snakeheads and some big catfish maybe some of the smaller pangasias catfish species? snakeheads will eat the heron lol!

otmmy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2013
Alberta,Canada
I'm not sure but I think snake heads are legal in Canada not the us

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Well I know in ontario they are illigal.I live in alberta and I have seen them in petstores here but every not in a few years.So I think it depends on the province. I would look it up I know we do not want these guys in the country They found one in bc and they drained an entire pond to get this one fish out.
bc-http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2012/06/08/bc-snakehead-burnaby.html
ontario-http://www.globaltoronto.com/toront...gal+sale+of+frankenfish/6442753588/story.html

Aquaman_95

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2007
Warner Robins Georgia
With an enclosure of that size, you have such a massive amount of options to choose from. I have seen ponds successfully stocked with Arowanas. Honestly, why not go for Asian Arowanas, Red Tailed Catfish, and Tigris Catfish?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store