fish safe anenomies

cudamaster13

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2008
southern california
thisissimple;4891206; said:
yup. they may get nibbled on, but recover quickly, cost less and deal with high nutrient levels very well.
so a colony polyp will be okay if so i think i found something that i can keep that looks simaler to hard brain coral awsome

cudamaster13

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2008
southern california
decided might add colorful colony polyps,soft treecoral,green finger leather coral,shaveing brush seaweed and a possibal red seaweed to tank when its finished but was just wondering wat type of water quality would i need for sponges and i think i already asked this question but would a large squamosa clam be fine with chain moray,jewel moray,bamboo or epualet shark and blacktip grouper or naso tang if i have powerful lighting and feed it supplements like the corals need? if not just let me know

Pufferpunk

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2007
Chicago
www.**************.com
You did already ask about a clam.

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Well first off, let me say that I dont think this is impossible.

Corals can grow in relatively high nitrates...but...this is a discussion for a different time and place.

That being said, for now, +1 to the softies, later on you can try to add brains ect.

The filter feeders would probably do fairly well in a tank full of large fish, making large poops. You would just have to see. Buy yourself a cheap gorgonian. If it does well...then maybe try a sea fan. Be ready to supplement food for it though.

cudamaster13

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2008
southern california
FLESHY;4896670; said:
Well first off, let me say that I dont think this is impossible.

Corals can grow in relatively high nitrates...but...this is a discussion for a different time and place.

That being said, for now, +1 to the softies, later on you can try to add brains ect.

The filter feeders would probably do fairly well in a tank full of large fish, making large poops. You would just have to see. Buy yourself a cheap gorgonian. If it does well...then maybe try a sea fan. Be ready to supplement food for it though.
is it okay to put dead corals like table coral in with the live rock?

thisissimple

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2010
Los Angeles
Squamosa clams are the best choices for new clam keepers, I think it very possible that one could live in the system you are describing, be wary of harrassment from the sharks / eels. Clams are tasty. Keep fish well fed and maybe they won't go looking for clam bake.

colony polyps are fine.

Dead corals are fine. They won't do anything bad.

I haven't kept sponges with much success, with the exception of ones that just grow out of my live rock. I would think they would be ok, unless something decides to nibble on them (which is a distinct possibility) Go for big flow.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store