Fish that attack their owners.

frnchjeep

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2006
Ct
I have been bitten by three of my fish, but none of them are cichlids. First was a 20 inch pacu. Thought my finger was a baby carrot (eats lots of those). Second was one of my florida gars. Not sure why, I was doing a gravel vac. Third was my CK (about 11 inches then). He attacks anything that gets near "his" cave. I was rearranging the decore at the time.

soggysandwich

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2006
Chicago, IL
bigspizz;1237803; said:
I have been bitten by a Bolivian ram....
:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

my gf got bit by my pbass when she was teasing my oscar the pbass came for the other side of the tank. lol no more fingers in the tank for her

aggressor09

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2007
Queens, NY
ive had fish peck at me, mostly african cichlids but some large oscars and other south americans. lots of territorial fish will become angry if your trying to change around their surrounding environments. I have a gar that comes after me whenever im doing a water change, so you should keep an eye on them and I periodically reverse sides when doing water changes

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
My LMB bit me once during a water change, left a small Rasberry. Didn't think anything of it, and it got infected. I have a scar now on my right hand.

Snake_Eyes

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2006
Nebraska
My jag attacks the python during WC's and my oscar just recently started going after my hand during them, luckily the oscar bites don't hurt.

Darky

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2007
AUSTRALIA
Yeah Ive been bitten by my RD and convict.

If I put my algae scrubber in the tank my RD latches onto it and I can lift him out of the water up to his gills :ROFL:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store