Fish that attack their owners.

oii

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2007
Michigan
my midas and my convicts have both left marks. midas made me bleed one time. If he bites me now I'm probably going to need stitches.

skateboardmuseum

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2007
Ontario
My Jag has not sealed the deal yet. But he's only about 4-5" right now. However, everytime my hand is in the tank, he does let his presence be known and will hover around my hand until I'm finished doing what ever I'm doing in the tank!

thekingcobra

Banned
Mar 8, 2007
Canada
dafrimpster;1238828; said:
my 17 inch largemouth bass bites me anytime my hand is in the tank. IT doesn't hurt too much. I little blood one time though
Being an avid Bass fisherman...I have to ask...how big of a tank did you have to get to house a 17 in largemouth bass?

fwiffo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2007
USA
yes. my 6-7" convict cichlid attacked me while i was cleaning using a gravel vac. he grabbed hold of my knuckle then let go. kinda cool. when i told my buddy, he said "good fish".

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
I got tagged twice on Monday by a big Red Devil. I was putting all the gravel back that she moved. They are more powerful than they look.

cichlid savage

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2006
Look up
I have been bitten by my Jag and RD

KittyKatKeeper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2007
Bellport, NY
my channel nibbled on my fingers last week which I thought was strange. The last fish I feed at night is my Pleco right before I shut the lights out and that Bad Butch My fat Sleeper will bite me thinking I food it's funny because he stikes fast with a soft mouth almost scares ya when it happens. my RTC always knows where the food ends and my fingers begin he is very gentle.

voss345

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2007
ct
my pbass and pike nip me a little bit if im picking stuff out of the tank, i guess they think im dropping food in when they realize its my hand the sulk off then evetually come back and beg for food

KittyKatKeeper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2007
Bellport, NY
KittyKatKeeper;1327029;1327029 said:
my channel nibbled on my fingers last week which I thought was strange. The last fish I feed at night is my Pleco right before I shut the lights out and that Bad Butch My fat Sleeper will bite me thinking I food it's funny because he stikes fast with a soft mouth almost scares ya when it happens. my RTC always knows where the food ends and my fingers begin he is very gentle.
Oh forgot to explain - I have to reach in to place the wafers on the drift wood. If I don't do that and just through the wafers in the Sleeper eats the wafers after he spits them out a few times. mmm food eewww vegey - food mmm eeewww vegey pretty funny looking

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store