fishing out private ponds? please read and post your opinion!

shamboner

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2008
FL
Yes I would try and avoid fishing the pond everyday. You can tell when you are at a heavily fished pond the fish become very hesitant and will chase a lure all day but wont hit it. It will frustrate the hell out of you lol. Me and my brother in law have found a few honey holes that show no signs of people fishing there and we were catching bass every other cast, just had to avoid the gators and moccasins haha Good Luck with the lake

basstank

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
connecticut
Yeah. We try to keep it 1 time a week at the very most. It's not
My pond sO I'm trespassing. But that's no worry. There is a pack of cigarettes there but it lookes really old so I don't know who goes there.

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
I knew it! Something's fishy with your last post about keep the private pond low-profile. Treaspassing someone's property is never a smart move and it is considering as poaching even if you don't keep any fish, you are treaspassing a private property. You can lost your fishing license if you were caught treaspassing a private property. Not only this it is illegal, it is also very disrespectable. I do not tolerate any treaspassers very good......My advice to you: ask a property owner for permission to have an access to that pond or leave the pond alone and never fish that pond again.

basstank

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
connecticut
My grandfather knows the guy. We aren't really trespassing and I'm only 15 so I don't have a license. But yeah I just keep it slow.

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
So now you changed your story from "I'm treaspassing" to "we aren't really trespassing"? Just because your grandfather knows the guy, doesn't mean you can just watz in the private property at any time.

basstank

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
connecticut
Alright. He knows the guy and he let's us fish there. He just doesnt wanna be liable if something happens to us. So when I asked if we can fish there he said no but I won't call the police or ask you to leave. I'm just trying not to fish this place out.

likestofish

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2007
Duluth, GA
If he doesnt want you fishing on his property you should best respect his wishes.

lix.ma14

Hydrolycus Armatus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
Ontario, Canada
trolololololol. imagine that you were actually fishing in a fish breeder's pond! did you keep all the fish??

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
Alright. He knows the guy and he let's us fish there. He just doesnt wanna be liable if something happens to us. So when I asked if we can fish there he said no but I won't call the police or ask you to leave. I'm just trying not to fish this place out.
When he said no, he means NO! This is his property. How you feels if someone walks in and fishing in your own private pond?

basstank

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
connecticut
He told us he just didn't wanna be liable if someone got hurt. That so he said no but then told us he wouldn't do anything if we were there. So he basically said yes...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store