FISHING SEASON 2K10!!!!!!

cichlid fiend

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2008
New Jersey
Last year was a good season(817 fish) but this year I need a excellent one!!!!

February 1st is when I start to explore for the first battle!

Until then enjoy some pics of New Years Party taken at the Camdon,NJ aquarium!!!

~~~~~~FISH MORE~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~STRESS LESS~~~~~~

IMG_1028.JPG

IMG_1029.JPG

IMG_1033.JPG

IMG_1035.JPG

IMG_1042.JPG

IMG_1043.JPG

IMG_1044.JPG

IMG_1046.JPG

IMG_1047.JPG

IMG_1050.JPG

IMG_1051.JPG

IMG_1052.JPG

IMG_1057.JPG

IMG_1073.JPG

IMG_1071.JPG

IMG_1075.JPG

Tequila

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2007
USA
:headbang2HAPPY NEW YEAR, 2010:headbang2

Went fishing this afternoon, first Bass up 3.7lbs, then a few mid size ones.

then as I ripped my Spro Popper Frog out of the weeds dragging it back for another cast BAM This Beauty just crushed it, 7lbs Bass just crushed it, what a way to start the new year!

Soon my trip will be over, and if I catch only small Bass from here on I'm happy very very Happy, 2010 is turning out to be a great year already!!!
:headbang2

cichlid fiend

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2008
New Jersey
good stuff boss!!

Keep this mother going until I can get my lines wet!!

Pomatomus

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2009
Sarasota, FL
Damn Tequila, you need to show me how it's done the next time you go fishing in Sarasota! I have been doing pretty well in saltwater, but in fresh I haven't caught anything but sunnies (in Myakka). I'm looking for bowfin for my marine laboratory.

cichlid fiend

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2008
New Jersey
MDK500;3748548; said:
Went Fishing a few days ago with a guide (Stephen McDonald) in florida for peacock bass:
It was a tons of fun and we caught 20+ fish.
Some very pretty PB!!!

cichlid fiend

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2008
New Jersey
Pomatomus;3748552; said:
Damn Tequila, you need to show me how it's done the next time you go fishing in Sarasota! I have been doing pretty well in saltwater, but in fresh I haven't caught anything but sunnies (in Myakka). I'm looking for bowfin for my marine laboratory.
Headed your tomorrow to go check out some fish stores in Chinatown. My boy and I want to see some nice flowerhorns. Are first spot will be 38 aquarium. Do u have any suggestions?

Tequila

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2007
USA
Pomatomus;3748552; said:
Dude right outside Myakka's entrance on the south bound side of Clark Rd, there used to be a flooded area of tall grass and stuff down the embankment I used to nail Bowfins to 10lbs using rubber worms, Also there are Bowfins aka Mudfish in Myakka and in the drainage creek that runs under Clark Rd as you approach Myakka but that is I believe now posted by the County as No fishing No Trespassing. But you should be able to find them anywhere theres slow moving water. Please note that hooking them is tricky though, they must be hooked in the corner of the mouth, or they can spit or even break hooks.

Otherwise give me a heads up the next time you come down and I can hook you up with my guide, Jersey JAck. You need not pay if he can't put you on fish and if you don't catch a fish either.
:popcorn:

Tequila

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2007
USA
cichlid fiend;3748567; said:
Headed your tomorrow to go check out some fish stores in Chinatown. My boy and I want to see some nice flowerhorns. Are first spot will be 38 aquarium. Do u have any suggestions?
If your going to Chinatown in NYC looking for Flowerhorns, theres a tiny little place down some stairs, I can't remember the street though that is wall to wall Flowerhorns - I think it's on Christie St. Also on Mulberry there is another place that is much larger, with all kinds of fish, hundreds of tanks and they do there own importing. Plus theres a corn shop that has a bunch a exotics, I think that one is on the corner of Mott and Christie St. Sorry I don't really look at street names in NYC I just know where everything is.
:popcorn:

Pomatomus

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2009
Sarasota, FL
cichlid fiend;3748567; said:
38 aquarium is good, and there is another one down the street called win tropical aquarium is also good. They have a particularly shiny arowana, but I doubt it's a platinum. 123 aquarium (across the street) also has some fish, but not many.

But the best LFS in general down there is Pacific Aquarium on Delancey. They have some FH's too. Oddly enough, they have a small tackle selection as well.

Let me know what you buy!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store