Fishing season 2k14!!!!!!!!!!!!

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Divemaster, looks like a White Sucker to me.

Went out again today with my dad for a little Easter fishing together. Managed to get about 5 bass and a crappie on a lipless crank and another on a chatterbait. Also caught a bunch of decent size bluegills that were hanging around by the shore. We only took this one photo though.
View attachment 1006818
alright thanks man, I thought it was a white but I'm no sucker expert. Nice bass!

JD7.62

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
at the 'Bama Breeze
Damn nice!! You like the Release SG? You need to hook an MFK brother up and build me an MFK themed jigging rod!!

I got my first cobia of the year. A little dink at 24lbs. It came in a wad of five, the rest were all 40-50 pounds and of course he was the one that ate my jig. Im in Destins Harbor Walk Cobia Tournament and in the kayak division this is the only fish weighed in so far. Only 8 days left and if no one else doesnt catch a bigger one it will be $2k+ pay out.

IMAG0955.jpg

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Went out yesterday yet again :))) and caught 7 small bluegills, a decent green sunfish, and 3 yellow bullheads (one was 9"!).

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

NCStateFisher

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2010
NC
Damn nice!! You like the Release SG? You need to hook an MFK brother up and build me an MFK themed jigging rod!!

I got my first cobia of the year. A little dink at 24lbs. It came in a wad of five, the rest were all 40-50 pounds and of course he was the one that ate my jig. Im in Destins Harbor Walk Cobia Tournament and in the kayak division this is the only fish weighed in so far. Only 8 days left and if no one else doesnt catch a bigger one it will be $2k+ pay out.
thanks man! love the release, perfectly engineered little monster... hitting the stream thursday so hopefully will have some pics to share ;)

nice little cobe man hope you win, they'll be up my way in FORCE in 2 weeks or so :drool:

I don't pretend to be a pro when it comes to rod building but I could probably manage an MFK theme ;)

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Went out today for 6th day in a row and caught 5 bluegills, a green sunfish, a 15" rainbow, a creek chub, and a yellow bullhead.

PS that bullhead didn't swallow the hook but for some reason it was bleeding pretty badly put of its upper mouth, do you guys think it'll be ok?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

NCStateFisher

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2010
NC
that bullhead will be fine gotta hit em with a hammer to kill them just about

-

well guys made myself sick today. Lost a 40lb+ flathead easily my biggest to date, no idea how big it truly could have been. Water was up higher than usual and I didn't have room to manuever, got it out of its laydown and it made a run right in to another one and cut me off after several minutes of fighting. hopefully put some monsters in the box thursday to make me forget about that one for a while

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
that bullhead will be fine gotta hit em with a hammer to kill them just about

-

well guys made myself sick today. Lost a 40lb+ flathead easily my biggest to date, no idea how big it truly could have been. Water was up higher than usual and I didn't have room to manuever, got it out of its laydown and it made a run right in to another one and cut me off after several minutes of fighting. hopefully put some monsters in the box thursday to make me forget about that one for a while
I know how you feel. Last end if July I hooked a 30+ pound flathead on a number 8 hook with a sliver of work, it fought for 10 minutes then broke my good trout rod. I thought it was over but it was still on the line, so I fought it in for another 5 minutes then got it to shore. Right as I was about to pull its head out the hook broke and it swam away. That would've been my first flathead and biggest fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store