Fishkeepers Pet Peeves

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
dookie;4867534; said:
I want to know why people take fish OUT of water to photograph them???
I've seen that quite a bit on here.My guess is that it is easier to get an accurate measurement of the fish and then they figure they might as well get a shot of it.

drlower

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 2, 2010
pittsburgh
3000 dollar tanks in unfinished basement or garage. its like keeping a lamborgini under a blue tarp behind the shed

jclyde13

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2009
Louisville, KY
dookie;4867534; said:
I want to know why people take fish OUT of water to photograph them???
I'd assume that for a lot of people, it could be because of how hard it is to get a clear picture through the glass using an average <$100 point and shoot camera.

jclyde13

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2009
Louisville, KY
I get a little annoyed when the first thing someone asks when they see my tank is "Wow, that thing is HUGE (referring to my pacu), will it bite my finger off?!".........
Is it just me, or does that sound like the kind of thing you'd expect to hear from an 8 year old?

Chaz88

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2010
Iowa
libayn;4866940; said:
im not bothered by peoples choices in decor or lack there of since i see it as to each there own but what does get to me quickly is people who think there opinion is law and flame everyone who does not see it there way.
QFT- I try hard to present what I have to say as my opinion by using words like "I think", "I believe", "I would". I think it is more helpful and less pushy if you own your opinions in place of presenting them as facts.

But when it comes to decor the blue and pink gravel hurts my eyes.

CLDarnell

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2010
Omaha
I have a couple of those cheap, fake coral looking things in my fry tank :) lol, I got them with a used tank and thought since they had small "caves", they would work for the fry.

Pet peeve....spending a boat load of money on plants, rock and wood, taking a whole day aquascaping the tank...and then realize it's now nearly impossible to net a holding female!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store