Fishkeeping hobbyist stereotypes you encounter when people learn of your hobby?

celebrist

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
alaska
Certified beast? That can go a lot of directions ��. People usually get drawn into my community tank because there is so much going on. No bad angle!

mudbuttjones

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2014
Wisconsin
Certified beast? That can go a lot of directions 😉. People usually get drawn into my community tank because there is so much going on. No bad angle!
That adjective is open for interpretation

Sent from my SCH-R950 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
Haha you guys must all be weirdos! Kidding! I've never had anyone look at me weird or women "friend zone" me cuz of my hobby. They actually get turned on by it cuz my fish aren't the types people normally see in aquariums plus I keep snakes too and they're huge which attracts them even more to me. I actually get more attention from people cuz they hear I have gnarly s*** and they wanna come over and see everything.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

noelsfishland

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2013
In My Aquarium
Most people that see my tanks are shocked and amazed at all the different types of fish and there size,but you know what there are plenty of people that don't care,and I do not get bothered bye it because everyone has there own interest and maybe I would not care about theirs.I only worry about what makes me happy and that is all that counts.

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
Although I've already weighed in on the convo; in terms of avoiding bringing up the hobby when first meeting girls etc, I had to laugh recently. Had about 8 people over for drinks, and it got to be all 8 of them sitting in my dark living room silently staring at the tank, saying that the bubbles (sponge filter) was hypnotising them lol. Wild party.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

BasicallyBane

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2014
Fort Wayne, IN
Idk I had most all women think a large aquarium with fish is a turn on. Especially when you get that lighting perfect on it and can dim them down to set the mood ;) lol I guess it all depends on how you present yourself. All hobbies make people think them crazy. But if you're confident about it, people will admire the passion.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

760fishaddict

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2014
yucca valley
It doesn't make u look weird at all I'm 6.5 230 lbs with 4% body fat and am a professional fitness model and trust me there so dam excited I'm talking to them when I tell them I keep fish there hoping its a trouser trout...lol jk I'm not that shallow! But for real nobody cares lets them kno I'm more then just a meat head.

Oscarum monstruoso

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 3, 2010
It doesn't make u look weird at all I'm 6.5 230 lbs with 4% body fat and am a professional fitness model and trust me there so dam excited I'm talking to them when I tell them I keep fish there hoping its a trouser trout...lol jk I'm not that shallow! But for real nobody cares lets them kno I'm more then just a meat head.
This is the kind of thing Im talking about. A little scary.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store