Fixable???

Breezyod

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 3, 2013
South Carolina
I don't know anything about how rare it is but if it really is super rare and what he says it is then I would offer like $250 max I would start lower. For $500 you could get a big ass tank fully set up haha and honestly if it's your dream fish I would find some guarantee that it is what they say and pay the healthy price instead of gambling

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

topdog78

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
united kingdom
I wouldn`t buy it out of principle, if the lfs owner cant get it back to reasonable health and doesn't want to give it to someone who can, then he has no interest in the fishes welfare and I personally wouldn't give 500 dollars of my hard earned money just so he can line his pockets on the sale of a poorly fish !

Fishes33

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2006
Canada, Toronto
After a bit of thinking, I decided not to get it! Because I don't want to take the 50/50 risk.

i wouldnt personally spend that much on a sick fish... if you are well off, have a hospital tank, a good understanding of whats wrong with it and how you are going to continue treatment, AND dont mind losing the money if it goes tits up then go for it mate... they are extinct in the wild arnt they?? might be they only chance you get to own one if the healthy ones are out of your price range?
A healthy one cost around $2000 to $3000. I can afford one, but it's not something that I would like to spend it on at the moment.

I would offer the store 250 and say... look you paid nothing for it, it can die in your tank or make acouple hundred and let me take the risk
I am scared, that's why I ask for advice first.

Datnoid's head bump is usually 50/50 chance of recovery.

I don't know anything about how rare it is but if it really is super rare and what he says it is then I would offer like $250 max I would start lower. For $500 you could get a big ass tank fully set up haha and honestly if it's your dream fish I would find some guarantee that it is what they say and pay the healthy price instead of gambling
The fish is super rare, and they are willing to go lower a bit but not for 250

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I wouldn`t buy it out of principle, if the lfs owner cant get it back to reasonable health and doesn't want to give it to someone who can, then he has no interest in the fishes welfare and I personally wouldn't give 500 dollars of my hard earned money just so he can line his pockets on the sale of a poorly fish !
Hard to argue with this post,that poor fish is in deplorable condition and Arowana is probably right.

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah

ichthusfish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2011
southkorea,seoul/Texas
Hell no..are u even shure its a pure st?? And even if it is buying a sick and diseased fish is just sad. If I was the owner I would just give it away...

Sent from my SHV-E300K using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Arowana718

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2010
nyc
I change my mind on my take on this one.

I would euthanize the fish. Its just suffering so badly now

jsodwi

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2005
south of heaven
I would offer a couple hundred for it as long as it's eating a little bit. If it's true ST. It's amazing what a little tlc can do to a fish. It most likely won't heal to 100% but it deserves a chance. Biggest task would be to move to a new tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store