Flower dont eat. Need ideas

avishay

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2008
Israel
Any update here? I have the same problem with a pair of flowers. I'm at the 4'th day of Metro treatment. Mine were eating quite good until they stopped about a week ago and I have seen long fecel.
BTW, did you have temp up?

Carne!

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 18, 2009
back and forth
avishay;3961046; said:
Any update here? I have the same problem with a pair of flowers. I'm at the 4'th day of Metro treatment. Mine were eating quite good until they stopped about a week ago and I have seen long fecel.
BTW, did you have temp up?
My guy is still not eating. It has been just shy of 2 1/2 weeks. He ate the first day and thats it. He swims looking for food and digs his mouth to the sand but no chewing.

My Temp is at a constant 82* and have been doing daily 50% water changes with full tank dosage of Metro+ and Prime Conditioner.

There is constant food in the tank, Bloodworms, Ghost shrimp and about 8 feeders just under 1".

I hope he starts eating something very soon.
Good Luck to you my friend and keep the updates coming. I have not updated as there is nothing to update

Carne!

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 18, 2009
back and forth
Great news! Seen the longest piece of brown crap in my tank. That means he is eating. I also just seen him take down 2 minnows aggressively

Time to beef him up and then get him on to prepared foods

In my hands he has starved for 2 weeks and 1 day. Prime/Metro+ for 7 of those days daily with 50% water changes and constand food in medium portions did it for me. Also lights have been off the entire time I started Metro+ to lower the stress level of movement outside of the tank

Yipee!

xaznkewlguyx

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2008
asdf
Carne!;3962952; said:
Great news! Seen the longest piece of brown crap in my tank. That means he is eating. I also just seen him take down 2 minnows aggressively

Time to beef him up and then get him on to prepared foods

In my hands he has starved for 2 weeks and 1 day. Prime/Metro+ for 7 of those days daily with 50% water changes and constand food in medium portions did it for me. Also lights have been off the entire time I started Metro+ to lower the stress level of movement outside of the tank

Yipee!
Sweet!! Thats great news! :headbang2

avishay

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2008
Israel
Carne!;3962952; said:

Yipee!
These are great news ! ! ! !
I am very happy for you - seems you made it, I know it's a great feeling.
Let's see what is happening to mine - they are still in the same condition.

One question: when did the white poop stopped? 4 days after treatement I still see the white poop (a little bit yellowish now), and under microscope I saw living organisms.

Thank you for the update, and good luck going forward.

Avishay

Carne!

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 18, 2009
back and forth
Sorry, I have been extremely busy. Not much to update. Last I heard is he is eating here and there. He will poop every 2 days or so. This leads me to believe he is not eating daily. I do fly home tonight and will have a visual update when I see him in person.

avishay

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2008
Israel
Carne!;3974759; said:
Sorry, I have been extremely busy. Not much to update. Last I heard is he is eating here and there. He will poop every 2 days or so. This leads me to believe he is not eating daily. I do fly home tonight and will have a visual update when I see him in person.
Thank you for the update. The fact he is eating is encouraging. I wish I could say the same. Mine look the same as before, they are burried most of the time. The male sarted loosing disk color in several spots - not good.

Carne!

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 18, 2009
back and forth
avishay;3975949; said:
Thank you for the update. The fact he is eating is encouraging. I wish I could say the same. Mine look the same as before, they are burried most of the time. The male sarted loosing disk color in several spots - not good.
Any update on your Flower Ray

sbrodacz;3988353; said:
Ghost shrimp and black worms seem to work really well for me with flowers.
I tried Ghost Shrimp and Black Worms for a long time. About a week ago I started seeing shells of the Ghost Shrimp and the numbers droping. Also seen his appetite pick up on BlackWorms.
I will try to make this quick as i have to catch my plane home. The best part of the story is yesterday he finally started eating whole Earthworms and chopped Nightcrawlers. I am so happy, I was almost sure I would loose him.

Sorry I took so long to respond to my own thread, been busy.

Quick question, I noticed a few threads about Sting Ray Feces.
What does Healthy Feces look like? Dark Brown/Black and in a spiral shape or like a curly fry? That is what my Flower Rays stool looks like at the moment

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store