Flowerhorn raising fry in community 180

Anythingfish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2005
Washington
andrejnr;774208; said:
Well apart from a solar panel the only other thing I can think of that might save you electricity in heating wold be some sort of greenhouse bilt aroud the aquarium.
I do have tempered glass panels over the top of the tank, which absorbs a lot of heat on sunny days. On dark days, I cover the glass with Styrofoam and a heavy tarp to reduce heat loss.

This is a photo of my Flowerhorn fry at nearly two years of age. About 300 fish were shipped around the US to various fish dealers and other interested persons... They go by the name Cichlasoma Griffini.

calahan0234

Feeder Fish
Mar 29, 2008
Northern Virginia
My flowerhorn just hatched couple ago. Do I need to take the parants out or keep it in the tank. If keep in the tank then how long do I keep it in and what kind of feed to I need to feed the fries. Please help thanks.:).

wickedpayara

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2010
florida
hey u should order some bag buddies from jungle labs. They work great. Just drop 1 tablet in the bag n send them on their way. it helps to calm them and has water conditioners. Good luck and let me knw if u need any more help
repair;51654; said:
Put me down for a trial shipment....and I don't mind paying for the shipping....I would recomend using overnight...but it's your call.

Don't forget to use something to netualize the amonia, a sponge does a great job and don't feed the guys 1 day before shipping....3 days for larger fish. O2 does a good job also. 1 part water 3 parts air.

I know that you prob know all this but never hurts to remind people.

Thanks. Repair

wickedpayara

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2010
florida
Hi guys, i have a beautiful red dragon male that has succesfully bred with my female kamfa. Both fish have nice nuchal humps and are very good parents. The fry should turn out to be some nice fish. They will be available to ship around the second week in december. I will sell them for 10 dollars each. My male is very aggressive and likes to flail out his gills. Hes great with the ladies but will kill another male fish of any species. He has nice chinese symbols around his eyes. the mother is an electic green and blue on a red background.

CaRONG

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 24, 2011
Australia
Sorry if I'm repeating anything but is that Jardini in your tank?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store