Force feeding big ray

aquaman45

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2009
England
I treated the whole tank on Saturday night with fluke solve and It done the trick.The female started eating again this morning she has a long way to go to get back to her old self but it's a start. Thanks everyone for your input much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Pleased to hear it!

Treat 2 more times 7 days apart to make sure the life cycle of the fluke is extinguished, this is important to to stop a further outbreak.
Your ray should make a full recovery now and will soon gain the weight lost during this difficult time.

Fluke solve is a very safe treatment to use, it can even be overdosed without ill effect so adding it again to your tank will not have any negative effects, so don't be frightened to use it for the second and third time.
I would change a third of the aquarium water the day before each treatment.

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
Great news that this worked out for you northrebel. Nothing more worrying than a sick ray, it leaves you feeling very helpless.

What brand of flukesolve did you use? I looked on the net and there seems to be a fair few different types. I would like to get some just so i have it to hand in case i ever need it.
Thanks

Pleased to hear it!

Treat 2 more times 7 days apart to make sure the life cycle of the fluke is extinguished, this is important to to stop a further outbreak.
Your ray should make a full recovery now and will soon gain the weight lost during this difficult time.

Fluke solve is a very safe treatment to use, it can even be overdosed without ill effect so adding it again to your tank will not have any negative effects, so don't be frightened to use it for the second and third time.
I would change a third of the aquarium water the day before each treatment.

rayrayray

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
uk
Great news that this worked out for you northrebel. Nothing more worrying than a sick ray, it leaves you feeling very helpless.

What brand of flukesolve did you use? I looked on the net and there seems to be a fair few different types. I would like to get some just so i have it to hand in case i ever need it.
Thanks
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vetark-Fl...9?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Fish&hash=item4ad5145cb9

this is the one i all ways use Jim,never had any problem,just found on one occasion when i poured a large amount in very quickly it freaked the rays out a little,apart from that all good.:)

northrebel

Candiru
MFK Member
May 20, 2012
london
Thanks a lot this ray means a lot to me as she is part of the original group I purchased. She has a long way to go before she's back to her beautiful self.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
Congrats and nice catch with the video!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store