Ford Raptor jumps 90 feet!

NVHC651

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2010
CA
^ I agree with you on one score, those people are idiots. But, any real man will tell you that a real truck comes with a blue oval on the grill! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
I'm sure the manly man driving that raptor would tell me if his jaw wasn't wired shut :p

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

rbarn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2013
Texas
Saw this yesterday. Made me LOL. Treating a stock vehicle like a Trophy Truck. They probably thought it would be fine because it's a "Raptor". It's just an expensive F150 with FOX Racing shocks :ROFL:

Anybody heard this story before? 14 guys took their Raptors out for some desert wheeling, 10 came back with bent frames. Typical Ford POS' :)

http://jalopnik.com/5820104/are-ford-raptor-frames-too-weak-for-off+roading
Spoken like someone that has no clue what they are talking about.

No it's not a trophy truck. and its more than an F150 with Fox racing shocks. The upgrades and improvements over a standard F150 are numerous, including 34 spline axles, 4.10 gears, Torrsen true limited slip front diff., shock mounting brackets off an F350 and more.

The frame bending issue is a non-issue that only came up from people abusing their trucks like well a trophy truck. There are already several kits out to fix the problem.

The trucks are VERY capable. I know I have one and pound the hell out of it.

Here's one that Outlaw basically turned into a trophy truck with trailing arm suspension.

[video=youtube;Fzc_ialHhmE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fzc_ialHhmE[/video]

rbarn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2013
Texas
My 625hp s/c Raptor. It takes a licking and keeps on ticking. Best handling truck I have ever driven. Almost no body roll.

[video=youtube;nhbURo4QYLY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhbURo4QYLY[/video]

jcardona1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2007
South of Heaven
The upgrades and improvements over a standard F150 are numerous, including 34 spline axles, 4.10 gears, Torrsen true limited slip front diff., shock mounting brackets off an F350 and more.
Like I said, an F150 with fancy shocks and a pretty body kit :)

The frame bending issue is a non-issue that only came up from people abusing their trucks like well a trophy truck. There are already several kits out to fix the problem
Non-issue? If the frame bends when driving over what equates to a speed bump in the dirt, how is that a non-issue?

Curtis Rouse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2012
Central California
That's a write off for sure
Off to the scrap yard

Will he even be covered considering it's all his fault? Or is there some type if off road insurance?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Standard full coverage will not cover this. You have to buy special "off road" coverage. Same as if you took your car to the drag strip and hit the wall.

Sent from my mind to my fingers to my phone to the MFK servers to you

rbarn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2013
Texas
Non-issue? If the frame bends when driving over what equates to a speed bump in the dirt, how is that a non-issue?
Because these "speed bumps" as you put it, were actually 2' humps that they hit going 85mph. Any other "stock" truck would have ripped the suspension out from under the truck, these just kept going. Like I said its not a trophy truck. You can break it if you try hard enough. do some research, there are plenty of people that tore down exactly what happened on that outing and what they did wrong, i.e. pushed their trucks too hard.

Go drive an F150 - then go drive a Raptor - then get back to me - till then I stick with real world experience of saying - you dont know what you're talking about.

If it was a trophy truck like you seem to expect it to be then it would not cost $60k it would cost $200+k. Lets get real. for $60k the trucks can and do taking a beating and keep asking for more. I've had mine 100+mph off road and all 4 wheels off the ground and the frame has not bent. I do plan on installing the upgraded rear bump stop kit from Outlaw though to make it that much stronger.

I have already added a whipple blower, better rear leaf springs and have many more mods on the list. Ford did a good job, but again they did not want to put the price tag at $200,000+

Like I said, an F150 with fancy shocks and a pretty body kit
Ok, it is an F150, but you left off a few things.

SVT aluminum hvy duty lower front control arms
hvy duty skid plates
34 spline axles
shocking mounting brackets off F350
tuned Fox suspension
front torsen limited slip diff.
4.10 gears
bolstered front seats
hill descent control
front camera for looking over hills as you crest them
Off-road mode traction control
electronically locking rear diff.
best in class 411hp V8 engine
7" wider stance than stock F150
2" lift from the factory
35" BFG A/T tires with 17" wheels

rbarn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2013
Texas
Standard full coverage will not cover this. You have to buy special "off road" coverage. Same as if you took your car to the drag strip and hit the wall.
According to the Raptor forums the guys is ok, the truck is toast, this was one of 2 Raptors he owns and is now building a 3rd that will take a jump like that. Nuts.

jcardona1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2007
South of Heaven
pushed their trucks too hard.
BS. Now you're just making excuses. I myself know what a Raptor is and what it's not. The problem is Ford and what they advertise vs what they actually built. Things like:

Long suspension travel (11.2 inches front; 12.1 inches rear)

Designed for the demands of extreme off-roading

Designed for punishing off-road conditions
If Ford's claims were true, you wouldn't have a bent frame from a few bumps at high-speed offroad driving. The truth is they took an F150 and bolted on a few shiny parts and neglected to address the things that would truly make a truck "designed for the demands of extreme off-roading" as Ford puts it.

And you gotta love the picture Ford has on their website. They should add a disclaimer at the bottom. REENACTMENT. DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS IN YOUR RAPTOR. YOUR FRAME WILL BEND. WE WILL NOT COVER IT UNDER WARRANTY :ROFL: :ROFL:

raptor.jpg

raptor.jpg

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
ya thats the last thing you think about is that the air bags are going to knock me out. lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store