Friday 13th Sale, 12/13/2013 ! New and rare fish just in!

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
I was planning on ordering some imperial flower loaches. Peanut is trying to convince me to get the giant clowns. Wes, its up to you my friend.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

fugupuff

M.A.N. Community Vendor
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2005
Fish Heaven
You are partially correct. So let me ask you this.
So how much are small pieces of diamonds worth compared to the largest diamond in the world, Cullinan I.
about $10 to several million?

Smaller diamonds are used in every cheap watch and jewelry but a large one, or perfect one is rare.

I can bet my life on it, that there are more Asian arowanas in the US than there are big clown loaches. And there are more Asian arowanas in the world than there are big clown loaches in the world.

Re: big clown loaches, I think you have to factor in demand for huge clown loaches vs demand for any size of ST or Asian aro. Big CLs might be rare, but I would argue that there's much much less demand for them than there is for STs and Asian aros.

I think people would be much more willing to spend $1200 on a 12" st or maybe ct than $500 or $600 on a big CL. Its because we hardly ever see a ST at any size here in the US but see CLs all the time in smaller sizes. Its a common fish at an uncommon size vs a hard to find fish at any size, plus higher demand.

fugupuff

M.A.N. Community Vendor
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2005
Fish Heaven
I agree, royal loaches are less interesting, but much rarer, and more unique. Clown loaches I agree are the iconic tropical fish since the beginning. Both grow slowly and big ones are rare and a rare sight. Ask me how much I would sell a 14" royal loach for? and I've seen pictures of a 30" one, as long as a big Styrofoam box, bigger than your biceps.

The ball is back in your court!

I was planning on ordering some imperial flower loaches. Peanut is trying to convince me to get the giant clowns. Wes, its up to you my friend.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store