Frontosa with fl gars and polypterus?

spwd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2008
leicester,england
Yeah thats why i said no to the redhooks,any ideas wiggles?

spwd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2008
leicester,england
But wouldnt that be on the bottom too,id like some mid swimmers ideally,the gars do obviously swim about but not all the time as they chill with the bichirs on the bottom too,im going to try a few frontosa and see how it goes,any danger to the gars and they will be out.

steve

ecoli73

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2010
Sunnyvale, CA
But wouldnt that be on the bottom too,id like some mid swimmers ideally,the gars do obviously swim about but not all the time as they chill with the bichirs on the bottom too,im going to try a few frontosa and see how it goes,any danger to the gars and they will be out.

steve
Fronts won't bother anything they can't swallow...but they usually hang out the bottom of the tank. Their method is eat sleeping little fish.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

spwd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2008
leicester,england
Ok,well there isnt any little fish in there so that problem shouldnt arise,im going to get 3 or 4 and see how it goes,but they will be big enough not to be a snack.

steve

anarekist

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2011
Los Angeles
dats?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

spwd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2008
leicester,england
I dont want anymore dats as i wont have room when they grow up,plus if i got some and they hide all the time then that will be pointless and expensive.

steve

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
one thought is more gars. i have 7 in my 180gal right now and there is always some action. my cuban and lng are all over. bowfins are nice to have one of in that tank, they are kinda active. what is the tank decor? after i added a wood pile the activity of my gars has increased dramatically!

spwd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2008
leicester,england
Yeah I had thought of.more gars but they are very.hard to find.round here.

Steve

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store