Fronts before and after

freshwaterfishing

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2008
Toronto, Canada
orbit;2588838; said:
Yeah mine too! LOL Does you'rs seem aggressive at all? Mine sure is.
The larger one was a bit. Hes in with a pike chiclid but latly they finally have no problems with one another and jut do their own thing.

Red Devil;2588861; said:
:Dvery very HUGE difference ... looking downright stunning now...good job MOM!!
Thanx Liz i never thought there would be such a difference in such a short time but im really happy with their progress.

cichlidgirl;2588994; said:
They look fantastic. Sand looks real good too. Very clean sand.

Mine dont hide too much either. I have alot of fronts in my big tanks but only the alpha male and one other one actively "hides" the rest all just kind of hang around in full view.

Mine are not what i would call mean, but they can be nasty to each other sometimes. Just not all the time. Mostly i notice minor bickering, someone swam too close to anothers area etc...a bit of gill flaring, a chase or nip, nothing major. Only one that can be super nasty is the alpha but since i moved him to a new tank he dug out a hole between two big boulders and hardly ever comes out anymore, so the rest of the fish are getting a break from his nasty nips LOL
Thanx we make sure on doing our regular WC every week. I love the look of the new sand.

When we first got them they hid all the time. But ever since i seperated the two and put them in thier own tank they are both out swimming all the time.

LOl glad youre fish got a break from yours!

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
How many fronts do you have now.?.. you and fronts seem to be harmony for sure..

freshwaterfishing

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2008
Toronto, Canada
We still only have the two right now but in spring we want another tank and were going to grab some baby fronts and start off fresh with them. We keep staring at two of our tanks and seeing a front in each of them and its just killing us cause we want a tank filled with just them, so were excited for our new members in a couple months.

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
freshwaterfishing;2589279; said:
We still only have the two right now but in spring we want another tank and were going to grab some baby fronts and start off fresh with them. We keep staring at two of our tanks and seeing a front in each of them and its just killing us cause we want a tank filled with just them, so were excited for our new members in a couple months.
That will be great... your really good with fronts... very impressive recovery for these two...

vfc

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2007
Philadelphia
The AFTER photos are a bit blue enhanced (can see some background objects very blue) making the colors appear better. Nice fronts however. The current tank set up looks much better. I assume the fronts love to dig in the sand.

freshwaterfishing

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Yes they love to dig in the sand but even when it was rock they still dug it right up. I like the look of the sand alot better though. The reason it looks blue enhanced probley was because the before pictures were taken by a crappy sony point and shoot camera and the after pictures are taken with a nikon d40

vfc

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2007
Philadelphia
I have four fronts mixed with African Cichlids in a 150G Tall. The get along fine except for one Yellow Lab who is in a territory dispute with the largest front (6" male). It's funny to watch the front open his mouth wide enough to swallow the Yellow Lab, but the Lab doesn't back down.

PC302437.JPG

freshwaterfishing

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2008
Toronto, Canada
We had a yellow lab in with one of the fronts and same thing he always wanted to start with the front and even the front could eat him he would never back down. Now the lab is in with the smaller front and they get along great.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store