FX5 test sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabotage

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2005
Outside Philly
gotta be a way to get his IP address.. i can find him that way..On AP they show IP's but he never posted on there..Some of you got a e-mail's from him???? please forward it to me and i can look up stuff from there..sabotage_02@yahoo.com

ANIMALHOUSE

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 16, 2008
New York
Even Tho We can't punish everyone for this situation, It makes it a bad one. Personally speaking, it makes the Whole purpose of Having a Forum Dedicated to Knowledge and The Hobby feel like it's a Everyone for them self.

I never in a Million years thought that This would happen on here. But everything goes Wrong once in a While.

Hopefully, Everyone gets their money back and no other scams Arise.

It's a Shame someone would do such a thing to People dedicated to helping eachother.

Sucks!

akskirmish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2006
anchorage
JD7.62;2101108; said:
Wow this is one "deal" that I'm actually glad I was too late on!

Is it John Dono?! lol
It's Joe Dono----For the scammer anyhow----His brother is just as worthless as well-----Along with the enabeling mother too.....Whole family is a damn joke.....

(by the way-you see the post I have on this tool)-

dirtyblacksocks

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2008
Moreno Valley
www.aquaticplantcentral.com has an excellent rating system that this site should take note of and try to duplicate.

This guy has to be a minor as it's indicated that he's done this in the past and still does do it - minors in general are not held responsible for squat when it comes to internet crimes for some reason, probably mainly because it gets dealt with through the FBI instead of local authorities and they'd rather not waste their time.

PayPal doesn't have the same legal powers that your bank or CC company does. They can't really make anyone do anything, only threaten to cancel your account or put it on hold and take back funds that are still in rotation within their company's accounts.

Even banks are pretty limited when it comes to getting money back from PayPal for fraudulent purposes, depending on how large your account is with your bank, and how long you've been a member they will either take a hit and give you your money back and eat it or not - but they can't FORCE PayPal to make a repayment.

Credit Card company's have different means of protection, that most people pay for on a monthly basis without even thinking about it (usually it's almost half of what a minimum monthly payment is on a card) - cancelling the fraud protection is a hassle and can take forever because you have to discuss the cancelation with an outside source where employee's are paid to convince you to keep the protection - that being said the revenue they collect off of all of that money being thrown away from people affords them to just eat it and refund you your money in order to keep you as a customer.

To put it simply - PayPal makes money off transactions, banks make money off how much you've got in their account, and credit cards make about ten times as much as both combined based around ridiculous interest rates - which do you think is going to be the most likely to just eat the cash knowing they're going to make it back from you on interest charges in the next 6 months?

This site needs a feedback forum, for reasons I don't really understand it's discouraged from leaving any type of negative feedback against some one who is not a vendor, unless a massive scam like this happens where it's blatant theft. That still doesn't make it right...the long term members on here know exactly what I'm talking about, but everyone keeps their mouth shut and lets the new guys take another hit, dishing out the dirt on the scammers after the fact through PMs - because there are no other sites with nearly the amount of traffic as this one.

cichlaguapote

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2006
Pripyat, Ukraine
Dude 3 fx5's for $300.00.. this had scam written all over it. Even if we had a feedback forum, he wouldn't have had any and people still would have suckered into it. It's all a case of bad judgement, live and learn.

Feedback forums don't work that well, other than in theory. It ends up being a huge section where you can't find anything, people can get new IP's reregister under new usernames, people still buy before researching, and people still get taken.

ANIMALHOUSE

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 16, 2008
New York
How About A Page is Made for Buyer's and Seller to be listed. Such as

Buyerx - SellerX (Feed Back)

Where the buyer and seller have to click a link in order to buy or sell from each other and then have to leave feed back something like ebay.

If we could see the Buyer has alot of sales pending.

Then we should second guess it.

or wait until the feedback is in.

sabotage

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2005
Outside Philly
ANIMALHOUSE;2101457; said:
How About A Page is Made for Buyer's and Seller to be listed. Such as

Buyerx - SellerX (Feed Back)

Where the buyer and seller have to click a link in order to buy or sell from each other and then have to leave feed back something like ebay.

If we could see the Buyer has alot of sales pending.

Then we should second guess it.

or wait until the feedback is in.
no matter what the site does, People will still get scammed...the new car smell always go's away....

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store