Fx5 vs fx6

Daonni

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2012
nh
Ya that's the only problem with the ribbed hoses, the **** they gather. You could replace them with tubing from hardware store. I just buy new hosing once a year though.

Sent from my LG-L38C using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

chefwill

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2013
Jacksonville beach Florida
Thanks for the tip, it cleared up my water really quick it was brown from the new driftwood, I boiled the wood for hours but apparently not long enough, turned my tank brown, but the fx5 cleqred it up in no time

Sent from my SGH-T999 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

lunker65

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2013
Virginia
i love my fx5. i think other than the power usage, the fx6 goes through an air purge cycle every 12 hours vs the fx5 goes through one every 24 hours. ive heard several times from people that they are a pain to clean. i have no idea what they are talking about. i can clean mine in less than 30 mins.

Skurj

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2013
GTA Ontario Canada
yeah the fluval ribbed hose is a pain, whenever I clean my 405's I have to deal with it. I am real reluctant to touch the hoses for fear of leaks etc. If I was doing it again, I'd look into a regular non ribbed hose to replace it. Messing with probiotics now in the hopes that it will reduce the amount of solid waste accumulated in the fluval ribbed hose.

Daonni

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2012
nh
i love my fx5. i think other than the power usage, the fx6 goes through an air purge cycle every 12 hours vs the fx5 goes through one every 24 hours. ive heard several times from people that they are a pain to clean. i have no idea what they are talking about. i can clean mine in less than 30 mins.
I feel the same way about cleaning them, very easy. Ya a little heavy but not bad.

lunker65

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2013
Virginia
I feel the same way about cleaning them, very easy. Ya a little heavy but not bad.

if you wanted to get around tht you could use the purge valve on the bottom to at least get most of the water out of it. i usually dont bother though. also i have ofund if you shut the intake valve, then the output valve, then unplug it, no water comes out of the hoses when you disconnect them. just make sure you do it quick so you dont damage the pump. i dont think that it would simply because the pump it in the bbottom of the canister vs the top so it in theory should not get starved of water unless it was completly empty. but better safe than sorry.

Daonni

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2012
nh
It really isnt a problem, I just disconnect hoses and pull filter from under tanks every 6 weeks to replace floss on top basket. I guess i am just saying it is heavy compared to my 2217"s :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store