Gar ID

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
I read the stickies. If you don't want to give any help, just don't reply. Why are there so many pompous posters here?

Sent from my LG-MS770 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
The "pompus posters" are tired of answering the same questions time and again from people who are too lazy to do their own research...

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Ah, ah. Keep it nice.

Joey, for those who spend a lot of time on internet forums its considered proper etiquette to read stickies first. To be fair, there is a complete care sheet posted already.

HungDang

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Worth
I read it. I was only looking for extra tips, not covered in stickies.

then perhaps you should ask some more specific questions instead of a question with a general meaning that make people bring up the whole thing if they want to answer it right and it would take a lot of time.
now just ask what you want to know so we can help.

HungDang

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Worth
here is some tip as now I have some time to do it and have read you post on the ID thread:
take your gar out of the 60G tank that you are keeping it with the Oscar and Ebjd then put it in a smaller tank (a 20 G will do) to help prevent it from being poke by other fish, building up speed and bang into the wall lead to spinal injury and dead. Keep it alone or with other same size gars until it get about 8-10'' before try to keep it with any other tank mate.
your 180G that you will move it to when it get bigger is big enough to keep it for a pretty long time and if it has good dimension(like at least 2ft wide and 6ft long) it can be good for life.
other than that, keep the water clean so the gar don't get any disease since gar don't do well with medicines and the best thing you can do when they get sick is pump up the temperature and add salt.

joeypaul

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2013
Lakeland,Florida
Thanks for the help. I have decided to not keep the Gar until I have the 180. I would like to thank everyone who has helped me out with advice. I am looking forward to keeping gar when I can house them properly.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store