Gar not eating feeders?

spwd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2008
leicester,england
Hi xander i will pm him today,also the plec is not in there with him its just the neons,and ive never seen the plec go near him anyway.

To answer benzjamin,i dont want him to eat feeders but i do want him to eat something other thand bloodworm,so i thought if i put feeders in it will at least get him to eat something else,but he wont:wall::wall::wall:

cheers steve

beblondie

In Loving Memory
Mar 31, 2005
chicagoland
what else have you tried to feed mr.fussy and was he eating normaly before the move?

spwd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2008
leicester,england
Hi beblondie,hes never really eaten anything but bloodworm,when i first got him he would only eat mealworms but then just stopped eating them? Then i tried crickets which he had no more than ten then the next time i tried crickets he swam off from it like he was scared to death of it and he does this to every kind of food ive tried which is everything that people recommend on here and other forums and the lfs where i got it from as far as i know since he stopped eating the above hes had nothing but bloodworm!

I tried not putting bloodworm in for about 5 or 6 weeks,and just tried every food and tecnique i could think of but i never saw him eat anything?

cheers steve

spwd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2008
leicester,england
Do they prefer certain feeders to others then,i just thought any small fish would do?

Cheers steve

spwd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2008
leicester,england
The missus had just started a water change on the gar and hes had a neon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hurrrrrrrrrrrray!

Hope he will have the others now.

cheers steve

xander

Manjuari
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2007
Singapore
spwd;2382172; said:
The missus had just started a water change on the gar and hes had a neon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hurrrrrrrrrrrray!

Hope he will have the others now.

cheers steve
as i suspected it's probably the water quality that's stopping the gar from eating. you never got around to specifically answering my questions, which is why i never got around to helping you. can you test the water and get your ammonia and nitrite readings? and what is your water change shedule and feeding like for this tank and the gars old one.

spwd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2008
leicester,england
When i say she had started the water change i mean she stuck the hose in and didnt even get to start the siphoning,and i know its not a water quality problem,because all my tanks are fine,just to make sure i did an extra test tonight and it was all perfect,if it was a wq problem surely the other fish he was in with would have suffered but they sure aint,all my tanks get a change at least once a week,in total i have 1300 ltrs and ive been keeping discus and other trops for 13 years so i hope i know what im doing with the water! ive got two pairs of discus in my 4.5 ft which have babies to wriggler stage every two to 3 weeks so i know my water is no problem.

cheers steve

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
I used to feed mine neons and he never really liked them
he would only eat them when it was dark

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store