MFK Member
Jan 28, 2006
UK
Lepisosteus platyrhincus;2476567; said:
lol
no man i mean the drugs
i just have never heard of that before
by the way:naughty: any pics?:naughty:
vets is like the pet doctor. over here we can't get stronger treatments over the counter like other countries. :)

spwd, I've looked after a gar that wasn't feeding on frozen which took a year to do so. Patience is the key in my experience :)

spwd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2008
leicester,england
Yes mate there are some pics earlier in the thread, as for the drugs i was advised by polypterus aka brook lamprey to get a certain type,who is a very knowledgeable chap,and has given me excellent info and feedback so far, but the vet who was ALOT more knowledgeable than i ever expected,because like you said its a bit strange taking a fish to the vet, suggested another type and thats what he gave me.
I soaked a cube of bloodworm in the antibiotics for 30 mins or so then gave it to the gar,but ive ran out now so il be in contact with the vet to see the next course of action,

Cheers steve

PufferXtreme

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2006
UK
spwd;2476608; said:
Yes mate there are some pics earlier in the thread, as for the drugs i was advised by polypterus aka brook lamprey to get a certain type,who is a very knowledgeable chap,and has given me excellent info and feedback so far, but the vet who was ALOT more knowledgeable than i ever expected,because like you said its a bit strange taking a fish to the vet, suggested another type and thats what he gave me.
I soaked a cube of bloodworm in the antibiotics for 30 mins or so then gave it to the gar,but ive ran out now so il be in contact with the vet to see the next course of action,

Cheers steve
that's great you found a vet with brilliant knowledge on fish :)

spwd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2008
leicester,england
Hi puffer its not that he wont feed on frozen,its that he will ONLY eat frozen bloodworm,and nothing else,thats why i resorted to feeders to try and kick start him a bit.

As for the vet,i was so surprised how much he knew,and with the fish i have its great to know hes there if i need him. I was given his practices number from the local vet who were very surprised when i rang them up lol! But they did sort me out in giving me his number so good on em i say

Cheers steve

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
that awesome on the meds and vet thing(i dont think any of my local vets would know what they are doing in this area)
by the way, i meant any new pics

spwd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2008
leicester,england
He looks exactly the same as the pics ive put up before as he has not grown so it would be a bit of a waste of time really,as for the vets,its the same as you said but they put me in contact with a practice that deals with more exotic stuff like birds and fish and reptiles,just a couple of miles further away from my house.

Cheers steve

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
Congrats on having something like that close

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store