Gator gar being a gator gar

fuzzlebug

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2014
scotland
Even without the gar the tank is too small, the aro will outgrow it soon as its only 28" wide. Not trying to bash you, I just don't want the aro to suffer cause you seem to do your best to look after them. Could you upgrade to a larger tank? Preferably 3'+ wide?

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
lol... for someone with such huge tanks for soo long how do you end up with such an over stocked tank, we all go a little crazy when we first get a bigger tank then reality hits and you realise the tank aint that big at all!! you never keep fish that grow larger than your tank is wide unless you plan on selling it before it does, even then its wrong! you my friend are being cruel to the pets you love... and you will be lucky to give a gar that size away, anyone can buy one for peanuts and grow it over 2ft in a year, you need a reality check pal.

noelsfishland

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2013
In My Aquarium
Guess what I am going to give the Gator gar away to the local LFS store and they are going to pick it up for a show tank in the store.and for your information I do not see a lot of two foot gars around there not a dime a dozen and they all aren't as in good shape as mine.as for over stocking my tank its not cruel they are well taken care of and thrive in my tanks.I do extra maintenance to keep what I have too in order keep my fish very healthy and happy.as far as being cruel grow up they are fish they are not intellectual as you seem to be.when they start to complain to me I will Know that I am being a very bad and cruel Pearson.I forgot that it was a cruel a terrible thing to feed fish that eat live fish In the UK Take care Justin.

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
Meh

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
Grow up? Lol... mate how can you compare whether its ok or not too feed live fish to keeping a fish in a tank narrower than the fish? Your just clutching at straws to try to personally attack me now, sort it out haha...
I forgot because you live in the usa and you can feed live fish and shoot bears to increase your own manly inadequacys, that its ok to keep fish in a tank way way too small... oh sorry its because you are hard... ok then.
I would be embarrassed if I kept fish that way, my tank is overstocked but yours is ridiculous. Yes I have kept fish that couldnt stay in my dd 300g for life but always moved them on way before they would be cramped...
Im glad you are moving thr gar on thats a good decision, hope before the aro cant move you will move him on, or build a pond.

noelsfishland

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2013
In My Aquarium
I was comparing the cruel factor,I have two 400 gallon tanks 300 and a 150 in my bedroom the 400 gallon tanks have drip systems and I change 300 gallons of water every day,that's like filling your 300 twice a day. For filtration I have two large bead filters with 1/4 horse pumps on each 400,as for my aro its a 30 inch black that I have had for eight happy years he has no problem what so ever turning around and I would say he is grown out by now.I checked my water bill and I used 29.000 gallons of water in four months.If I had to guess I wold say that my water quality is probably better than yours.I think that you should be a little less judgmental of other people how they stock there tanks. I guess that's why I like living in the bear killing U.S.A. were every manly man shoots up a bunch of poor animals.OH i am sorry I forgot that we were talking about fish,Just Lol

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
Lol... its just the fact of ya gar mate that's all... if ya waters that clean and they all have space then good luck ta ya pal!-)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store