Gator gar being a gator gar

xander

Manjuari
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2007
Singapore
hmm 1. good move to get rid of the gator, 2. you should post your sales thread in the appropriate sub-forum (ill be deleting the one in the gar forum shortly), 3. unless you're from somewhere where gars are terribly expensive/uncommon (since you have one, im going to assume no) i really don't think anyone is going to buy it for $500. (but if you're giving it to the lfs, thumbs up) 4. imo providing poor husbandry is inherently cruel whether or not that was the intent

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
he does have the tanks and they are awesome, just made a mistake adding an already huge gator gar and then letting him grow wider than the tank... bro they grow to 7ft+ he werent about to stop growing at 2.5 feet!-)

noelsfishland

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2013
In My Aquarium
thanks for the complement about My tanks. I am glad you took the time to look it up,and see that I was not lying about what I have. The gar grew way faster than I thought,I have read that they slow down after 30 inches but I guess he grew faster because I made sure to feed him real well,so he would not think of my other fish as a meal.and all the water changes I do.I am not that great with the computer yet and had a friend help me post those pictures you seen in the photo lounge.I will ask him if he can help me post some newer pictures.I do not quite understand why the mediator would assume that since I had a gator gar that they are common were I live.In Long Island were I live FLORIDA gars are much more common,I guess they have a lot more of them in Singapore.I have seen some Spatula gars and I was told they are worse than Gator gars.you know what they say about people that ASSUME.

noelsfishland

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2013
In My Aquarium
Gator gar found a new home in a 1000 gallon tank he is the only fish in there for now, I am glad that i found some one to take him,had him in the marketplace for the north east and did not have any interest in it for a few weeks,If you want to see pictures of it it is still up.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store