gauging interest in fish to come in 10 days end of August, 2013

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
Whoever grabs up the wasp fish will have something with no pictures of living specimens in publication. Only preserved specimens. There are no pics available under it's present genus of Tetraroge or it's previous genus of Gymnapistus. Only one pickled specimen is referenced. A male measuring 13.5cm. Actual adult size is unknown.

View attachment 942467

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
Nice list W

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
Whoever grabs up the wasp fish will have something with no pictures of living specimens in publication. Only preserved specimens. There are no pics available under it's present genus of Tetraroge or it's previous genus of Gymnapistus. Only one pickled specimen is referenced. A male measuring 13.5cm. Actual adult size is unknown.

View attachment 942467
very tempted to order one. Oddball do you know if it is a definite freshwater species?

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
This species is listed as being amphidromous. Meaning it routinely travels from full freshwater to marine conditions and back again. Same characteristic as jade gobies. Most likely does better in, at least, slightly brackish conditions.

Estarego8

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2011
New Jersey
I'm glad I could share the bagarius yarelli with you guys this time, I paid well in advance to secure these fish. And not sure if you remember, about 10 years ago, there were not tor putitora available, period. I use to read about them in fishing magazines from people traveling to India just to angle for them, I introduced them into the hobby about 8 years ago, and since then there has been more regular appearance of them now. When I use to order them, not only did most people not even know about them, most stores did not order them, since they had no idea what they were. And my supplier would only send me a few at a time, something they did not target, and most were only found in a protected area. However now they see there is money in it, other suppliers in India have caught on as well, and started to export them in larger quantities.
It is awesome to have someone so dedicated to the fish keeper in this hobby!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

UnstoppableJayD

MFK NNJ
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2012
Northern NJ
Wes that is incredible. DO you know if it was collected in a land locked area? Otherwise based on what oddball had to say I would be a little nervous getting it.
Dont be a wuss... be a trend setter, someone has to keep it to tell us how later!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store