Gentle Giants

danny

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2006
uk
Bgonz;642946; said:
Giraffe cats and P. Niger. I have had a Niger for about 5 years and he's near 12". Doesnt bother or hurt anything. I have a 6" Giraffe also thats very active and only eats flakes off the bottom :screwy:

bob
i also have a niger, had him about 2 years , still only 4" dont they grow slow. nice fish but so sloooooooooow growing

ZOO YORK 207

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 14, 2006
Frederick, MD
All I can say is Silver Arowana...Mine is being fed on Freeze dried krill/shrimp and a couple feeders for treats.... But he/she could go on strictly prepared food if need be... But mine is a gentle giant (18").

Lupin

Viviendo la vida loca!
MFK Member
Pseudodoras niger in my opinion as mentioned by Bgonz and Danny.:)
I've seen that cat in my lfs and are quite docile. Well, cute too.:D

cockroach

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2005
Taiwan
There is a type of leporinus that gets pretty big, cant remember the name now.
Tin foil barbs.
long nose distichodus (Distichodus lussoso) gets about 16 inches
Black shark (Morulius chrysophekadion) gets about 20 inches.
Maroon Shark (Leptobarbus hoeveni) gets about 20 inches as well.
Redfin Prochilodus (Semaprochilodus taeniurus) gets about 12 inches.

rivera1524

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2006
san diego
I was driving around today and was thinking about this....proof that I've been thinking about fish way too much :screwy:
but I can think of pacus, bala sharks...

tankyou

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2007
TEXAS
Just go with a giant goldfish or koi. Or how about a buffalohead or grass carp. They can get HUGE!!!

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
RadleyMiller;643156; said:
Clown loaches are predators when adults, adult Koi need atleast 300 gallons per fish and prefer cool water, archerfish are predatory, and scats need marine as adults.

Some angels can be agro, and I have heard tangs are pretty agressive. They use the spine at the base of their tail to cut other fish.
Clown Loaches become predatory?

thatonegirl

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Distichodus sexfasciatus are very pretty and get large. But their ravenous plant-eaters. I've got 6 distichodus affinis I'd like to get rid of. They're fast, sleek, and interesting, but they can destroy aquarium plants in a matter of minutes. They chewed all my java fern down to twigs.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store