German Shepard puppy To be or not to be?

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
I've got a GS/husky/wolf mix and I always get my shots through petco. It depends on the stores by you but there's a company called vetco that comes to petco at least once a month and their shots are extremely affordable. Mine was $49 I think for te first set of shots then the 2nd and 3rd were a little bit cheaper. Also make sure to start training from day 1. They are extremely destructive as puppies. Mine completely destroyed the house whenever it was bored so make sure there are plenty of toys for it. They are extremely smart and catch on quick. Mine was potty trained after 2 days so as long as you don't slack on training, you will enjoy having it around. I'd go with a female since your other dog is a male. You will be expecting a lot of fights if you have 2 males because they will always compete to be the alpha male.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Thank you so much... I understand your reasoning on the female and I too thought the same yet I am confused because I was told I am supposed to be the alpha of the dogs? Lol am I mistaken was I being messed with but I totally get that reasoning

Crazy mike

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2012
Vacaville,California
Thank you so much... I understand your reasoning on the female and I too thought the same yet I am confused because I was told I am supposed to be the alpha of the dogs? Lol am I mistaken was I being messed with but I totally get that reasoning

Dogs have there own hierarchy even if you are the leader. Multiple dogs will work out their own hierarchy

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Crazy mike

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2012
Vacaville,California

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
If you had 2 males they would work it out themselves and that's what leads to fighting. With a male and female, they would both be alphas cuz there's an alpha male and an alpha female in packs. But you are right. Don't let them think that they are higher up than you. You are always the top dog

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
Well I'm pretty set on getting one. I found I can get initial medical things taken care of for like $50-$60 approx. and I planned to spend a lot lot more.. In the long run it will be a lot of money. I guess because I don't want my chiuaua mix dead in a male to male fight I'm getting a female. Now I just have to make arrangements with my friend. They offered one of the puppies to me for free.

Crazy mike

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2012
Vacaville,California
Be very careful when that shepherd goes through it's adolescent stage. Make sure it knows it's manners very well. Adolescent dogs have a tendency to test boundaries in regards to acceptable play with other dogs and may injure your smaller dog

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store