Giant redwoods UK!!

Simonas

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2008
Wirral, UK
Funny enough I bought a Giant Redwood sapling a few years back. Its still planted in the garden although not exactly thriving.

There is one in a park near me in North Wales thats huge

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Funny enough I bought a Giant Redwood sapling a few years back. Its still planted in the garden although not exactly thriving.

There is one in a park near me in North Wales thats huge
This whole UK redwoods thing has piqued my interest no end. Next time I'm at my local garden centre I will be eagerly searching through the outdoor tree section.

If they don't stock them I will probably be able to order one from the many online uk suppliers of garden products.

I have a lovely monkey puzzle tree in the front garden, it'd be great to have a young giant redwood out the back........though probably not so great for the owners of the house in a few hundred years time, lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Simonas and jjohnwm

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Are redwoods available on the market? That's amazing to me.

It takes that old adage to another level. Here's a tree that a man plants...and not only will he never sit in its shade, but possibly even his grandchildren won't.

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Are redwoods available on the market?
To be honest I doubt they're available for the man in the street. After all, they're not even native to us. But I can ask!

And anyway, it certainly didn't stop the well off from planting them in the grounds of their stately homes around 150 years ago or so!

Reactions: Simonas and jjohnwm
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store