Giant Slender Mahseer

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Yes, I was looked at Rod's fish too but decided that these are some other species. I am not sure these are even Tor. Looks like Neolissochilus to my eye. It's okay. Mahseer ID is hard.

Reactions: surfermike915

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
Don't mean to high jack but adding to your definition of slender mahseer. This is a putitora I got from Wes years ago. The one in the back is neo hex which has a different head shape. Small fish is too hard to identify. Grow them out and see.

putitora.jpg

surfermike915

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2022
Don't mean to high jack but adding to your definition of slender mahseer. This is a putitora I got from Wes years ago. The one in the back is neo hex which has a different head shape. Small fish is too hard to identify. Grow them out and see.

View attachment 1521115
Absolutely gorgeous. You’re not high jacking anything. This is an open thread. Feel free anyone to add to what they want! How long did he take to get that size

surfermike915

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2022
Update: they are doing well. I am away for a couple days hopefully all tanks are okay 😂. Only 2 1/2 days really. They are in a small qt tank and I’ve noticed they are very skittish at this size, about 3.5”. They only have a huge sponge filter and a single plant for cover, and I notice they hug the ground very tightly. But when I leave the room I see them dart around. Tempted to buy 3 more😂.

surfermike915

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2022
I added a singluar, and yes I mean single Phoenix barb, from the batch Vik got. They sold out so they refunded me for the other. He’s doing very well. The mahseer are beasts. 4-5” now. Ain’t too bad. Small tank. They’ll be upgraded soon.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store