Glasscages = Rude

selki

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2008
Hawaii
reverse;3018836; said:
maybe if he bought one he would have been happy like all the other owners on THIS thread

who cares, hes happy that he didnt get one so its all GOOD!!!

Deepsouth

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2008
Montgomery, Alabama
I think it is definately going to work out for the best. I purchased drilled tanks for the same price that undrilled glasscages tanks go for. I also got free in house delivery, which is huge with these size tanks. I talked with a few breeders/fish farms in my area and they are familiar with glasscages and the company that I purchased mine from. They said these tanks were a better quality, but who knows. I don't know about the quality of classcages aquariums, nor am I wanting to run down aquariums that are owned by many on this forum. All I was saying was that they were extremely rude when I talked with them. Maybe they were having a bad day when I called.

12 Volt Man

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 24, 2007
canada
there are quite a few very happy GC owners on the board.

problem seems to be, there are many other aquarists on other well known boards (eg reefcentral) that are well, not so happy.

its hit and miss apparently..risky if you ask me, but then everyone has to make his/her own choice. is the cost savings worth taking the chance?

LowCel

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2006
Charleston, WV
selki;3028769; said:
who cares, hes happy that he didnt get one so its all GOOD!!!
I agree. I do believe that he would have most likely been happy with a tank from gc but it doesn't really matter. It was his money and he chose to spend it elsewhere. This was his decision and he did it for his own reasons. It's pretty hard to blame someone for doing this even if you (I) believe he would have been happy with the glass cages tank. If the buyer is happy that is all that matters to me.

LowCel

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2006
Charleston, WV
Deepsouth;3029023; said:
I think it is definately going to work out for the best. I purchased drilled tanks for the same price that undrilled glasscages tanks go for. I also got free in house delivery, which is huge with these size tanks. I talked with a few breeders/fish farms in my area and they are familiar with glasscages and the company that I purchased mine from. They said these tanks were a better quality, but who knows. I don't know about the quality of classcages aquariums, nor am I wanting to run down aquariums that are owned by many on this forum. All I was saying was that they were extremely rude when I talked with them. Maybe they were having a bad day when I called.
What I am the most impressed with is that throughout this whole thing everyone has remained very civil for the most part. Even though I am very happy with my glasscages tank it does not mean that you would have been happy with yours.

To be honest I was very, very worried after I ordered my tank. I was afraid that I would end up receiving a subpar tank and not being able to take care of it. I was extremely happy when I opened the tank up. I have no complaints with mine. I have never had a problem with them so I really can't comment on how defects are handled. Like I have stated they did go out of their way to help me when there was a problem with the initial delivery.

Right now there is only one company out there that I presonally would not purchase from, that company is Tenecor. What's bad is that up until recently I would have picked them above any other tank builder. Lately they juts have not been taking care of problems and they have been shipping tanks that should have been scrapped.

At least with glass cages if you don't get a perfect tank you can say that "you get what you pay for". With a company like Tenecor that charges as much as they do the buyer should receive an absolutely perfect tank every time.

Sorry if I rambled, I just took some pain killers. :nilly:

LowCel

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2006
Charleston, WV
I have never seen one of their acrylic tanks. I am very pleased with my glass 300 wide from them though.

12 Volt Man

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 24, 2007
canada
I was suprised when I ordered my Aqueon 150. Up until that point the only tanks I had ever owned were from a local tank builder called Miracles Aquariums (I had some of their tanks for 15+ yrears).

I wanted to purchase from them, but their 150 gallon was 27" tall.

the Aqueon "150" is really a 165 gallon tank (its 72x18x 29.5 tall) but they still label it as a 150. So, it was 15 gallons more for the same price.

I was a little apprehensive because I was getting a more "mass produced" tank but the quality is among the best I have seen in terms of construction - at least visually. Thick glass, flawless even silicone (I had them custom make it with black) and thick strong cross braces.

NOLAGT

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2007
Louisiana
12 Volt Man;3029243; said:
I was suprised when I ordered my Aqueon 150. Up until that point the only tanks I had ever owned were from a local tank builder called Miracles Aquariums (I had some of their tanks for 15+ yrears).

I wanted to purchase from them, but their 150 gallon was 27" tall.

the Aqueon "150" is really a 165 gallon tank (its 72x18x 29.5 tall) but they still label it as a 150. So, it was 15 gallons more for the same price.

I was a little apprehensive because I was getting a more "mass produced" tank but the quality is among the best I have seen in terms of construction - at least visually. Thick glass, flawless even silicone (I had them custom make it with black) and thick strong cross braces.
My last tank was a custom 280 from them...great people and great tank. I never got to set it up but looked at it empty for many years lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store