Gold Saum X Jaugar and the book The Ever Changing Of Louhan

nubria6969

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2007
Quaker City,Ohio
On April 9th in the 90 gallon the Gold Saum X Jaguar Hybrid paired up with a female Honduran Red Point.

here is a video of the pairing and defending territory from other fish.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb5PvuKuD88
The male Honduran did not like his female pairing with the hybrid but he was put in his place and chased off. She then lays eggs and they are a nice little pair but my daughter yells to me a couple of days later while I'm doing water changes "Daddy there are a lot of babies over in this corner fighting." I look and saw almost all the fish in the tank(baby flowerhorns ,Cutteri ,convicts and parrots) eating the eggs and newly hatched fry. The little Honduran female had swam away not protecting the fry but the Gold Saum X Jaguar hybrid was fighting and trying to protect the fry even when i netted him to take him out he tried to fight the other fish. The fry were all eaten. I wasn't looking for him to pair up with any fish.Just watching him grow and change colors . He's getting a golden body and a greenish golden tail. He still swims around with the female Honduran pushing rocks around and chasing the ever present male Honduran away. At least I know he is a He and is fertile!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store